Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ROTS figures you won't see (may contain spoilers)

First off ...BRAVO! I loved the film. Sure, there were classic Lucas moments of weak dialogue and wooden acting, but all-in-all a solid film. The tension, the drama, the struggle of good vs. evil far outweighed my prior criticism...well done.

TONGUE AND CHEEK
    And yet I couldn't help but smirk when, while viewing the film, I thought about action figures that probably won't ever hit the production line. Like:

1. Charred Anakin w/ removable legs and real lava accessory
    2. Deluxe funeral procession Padme - relive your favorite death march
    3. Delivery room Padme w/ placenta accessory
    4. Jedi Temple Youngling w/ saber damage

The movie changed my life. It was much better than Cats. I'd go see it again and again and again.

Re: ROTS figures you won't see (may contain spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSloppy
    2. Deluxe funeral procession Padme - relive your favorite death march
    To be honest, this wouldn't surprise me if it showed up. I think it'd be a helluva figure (notice I didn't say action figure ).

Back on topic, I have a hunch we'll never get an oil squirting R2-D2 with "Real Ignition!" action feature.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSloppy
    1. Charred Anakin w/ removable legs and real lava accessory
    We're already getting this one - Mustafar Anakin #50, minus the lava accessory.

Based on what I saw, there are several figures we should NOT have gotten, unless the DVD restores the footage. Beware, spoilers:
    Shaak Ti (reg. and 12")
    Barris Offee 12"
    Luminara
    Mon Mothma
    Yoda w/ Can-Cell

....and amazingly, Zett Jukassa makes perfect sense as a figure this early on.

Actually, Luminara is shown very briefly. When they first show Kashyyyk with all the Can-Can's with wookies on them, she is on the ground speaking with clones. I too was surprised that they didn't show Mon Mothma, since she was so "hyped." (It's hard to hype Mon Mothma). I am also surprised they cut Shaak Ti. Since she was a bigger part in the original cut, and an interesting part in the next cut. It'll be interesting to see what's on the DVD.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Cool.....I'll keep an eye out for her when I see it later tonight. Regardless, I still say this one needs a 4 hour SE DVD release, a'la LOTR.

GL seemingly cut TONS of footage...
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

Yeah I dont remember seeing Mon Mothma at all. I hope they add all the deleted scenes back for the DVD.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

They won't add ALL of them. They didn't for 1 and 2. I am sure we'll get a good 15 minutes though. Hopefully Mon Mothma and the Queen of Naboo will be among the people we get to see more of. I like Keisha and I was sad to have not seen her. She was great in Whale Rider, I am so shocked that she doesn't have anything else coming out!
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

Beckmen, the Queen was in it. In the funeral scene. She practically filled up the frame since it was a headshot. No lines, though.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Just got back from seeing it again. I saw Luminara this time around, but definitely no Mon Mothma. Unless it's going to become the plot of the tv show, the whole subplot of the Petition of the 2000 was too important to have been cut.
    Last edited by tagmac; 05-19-2005 at 11:48 PM.