Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Death of padme

OK, there is no medical reason per the medical droid...

Now Anakin lives...does Palpatine basically save anakin by using the dark power he speaks of...thus resulting in padmes death?

Or does she just die because...and anakin just lives because...and palpatine made up the whole "power to keep people from dying" bit.

Re: Death of padme

The way I saw it was that Padme died from a broken heart from Anakin giving into the dark side. She didn't want to go on without Anakin.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Ayep. She lost her will to live, after she lost Anakin. She basically died of a broken heart.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    The way I saw it was that Padme died from a broken heart from Anakin giving into the dark side. She didn't want to go on without Anakin.
    That's right. She did die from a broken heart.

isn't this the same padme who grew up as a politician, caring strongly about others and making changes as a very young queen and senator? now she's just a weepy person who dies of a broken heart.

bah!

hcmmm i dunnno from wut i saw, it seems the reason why padme died is because of anakin's revival. i think its impossible for anyone to survive that blaze and palpatine just used the dark side to revive anakin, thus his notion of saving padme was sarificed. how can anyone die or a broken heart? unless commit suicide....

i just like the part when vader when "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" that was hilarious
    "somethings happening...i'm not the Jedi i should be...I want MORE!"

Uh, yeah, this was one of the weakest parts of the film. She loses the will to live? Huh? Because of Anakin? Puhlease. She had two kids to live for, didn't she? Heck, the way these films play out, Padme is a more tragic and idiotic character than Anakin ever was. First she inexplicably falls truly madly deeply in love with a guy she knows is f'd up, then she somehow magically dies even in the face of giving birth.

I mean, wow. And this is okay with some of you? You bought that?

I find more fault with Portmans acting then I do with the story. She didn't act preggers, or like she was giving birth.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Uh, yeah, this was one of the weakest parts of the film. She loses the will to live? Huh? Because of Anakin? Puhlease. She had two kids to live for, didn't she? Heck, the way these films play out, Padme is a more tragic and idiotic character than Anakin ever was. First she inexplicably falls truly madly deeply in love with a guy she knows is f'd up, then she somehow magically dies even in the face of giving birth.

I mean, wow. And this is okay with some of you? You bought that?
    I thought it was just fine. If you didn't buy into it because you didn't buy the set-up, so be it. But standing on its own, I thought the scene was handled nicely enough (and I thought juxtaposing it with the birth of Vader was very cool).

If there is one thing lacking in Star Wars, it is world-weary cynicism. In fact, that was part of what made SW so odd-ball when it came out- it was the era of Chinatown. It's pretty refreshing actually.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

JON9000 - i don't think it's cynisism at all. come on - no one actually dies of a broken heart. the original star wars movie was refreshing and intimate, but also nothing happened in it that was just plain silly.

i love fantasy and science fiction, not just star wars. the writer has to give me a way to suspend my disbelief - and most do.

making a character who was previously committed, involved, strong and active die very quickly of a broken heart just doesn't give me a reason to believe even when people WANT to die of a broken heart, they don't.