Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why does Ahmed Best get a big Co-Starring screen credit?

I am not sure Best even deserved one for Ep 2, but at least there he had some lines. In Ep 3, not only does he have no lines, but I don't remember seeing Jar Jar's face until the end of the film! So why does he get a big co-starring screen credit?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Why does Ahmed Best get a big Co-Starring screen credit?

He has one line and it's "excuse me" He is present when The Poster Boy meets with Bail Organa and his cronies and he is also in the Senate pod when The Emperor is yammering about the Jedi Rebellion. And of course he is there at the end, like you mentioned.

Still, none of that answers the question because he doesn't seem to have to "do" anything, really. I mean, I'm sure he didn't have to stand in for the Senate pod scene, MAYBE he did for that funeral procession but I doubt it was necessary, and as for the welcoming scene, he might have been used there since there were so many bodies to coordinate. And of course he had to record two words of dialogue.

Personally I think it was just a matter of an honorary title, kind of like Kenny Baker getting a screen credit for AOTC and ROTS since he had what, maybe one scene in AOTC ? and ROTS, I don't know how often they used him if at all ?

Is that who said "excuse me"? I didn't catch it that clearly, it seemed to blend in. You are right about the senate pod, I forgot about that.

Kenny Baker is actually inside the robot suit in a few shots, Ahmed Best appears nowhere that I know of himself, doesn't do a major piece of mo-cap for Jar Jar here, I really don't see why his name gets a big credit over actors who actually had lines and did stuff. "Honorary" can be taken too far I think, I'm not saying exclude him but I don't see why Ahmed who doesn't have but 1 line in the background and doesn't have almost any mo-cap work gets the big credit while actors in makeup reading actual important lines like Bruce "Tion Medon" Spence get only the small credit a third of the way into the total credits. I don't remember of Tem Morrison got a big credit, but he certainly deserved one for being all those clones.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Perhaps it's contractual. Maybe when he signed on for the trilogy he had it put in his contract that he would get listed at the top. Being that GL didn't expect the Jar Jar character to suck so bad he probably figured he would be a major player in the 3 films so such an agreement prior to Ep. 1 wouldn't sound like a bad idea.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

No offense, but why does this really even matter?

I thought having JarJar apologize for his appearance in the PT was hilarious

I was dressed as JarJar at the premiere, while everyone was waiting in the theatre I kept standing up and doing "raise the roof" gestures- got booed a lot, a few folks threw popcorn and stuff at me, and eventually some portly fellow in a jedi outfit who talked just like the Simpsons comic book guy came uo to me and said "May I borrow the mask for a second??" and when I told him he could he pretended to cut my head off and held the mask up and said "10 points" I hope he won something

But I had assumed that Best was somewhere else in the film, too, which could justify the high ranking in the credits....

I dunno, though, but I'm glad GL both kept JJB out of the film and yet sort of acknowledged that he was not wanted
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

JT, have you heard what shots Kenny Baker is in ? And AOTC as well, I'l still not sure which one(s) they used him for in that movie.

Why wasn't James Earl Jones credited? It was his voice, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    Why wasn't James Earl Jones credited? It was his voice, wasn't it?
    No, it was Hayden's voice through a modulator or filtering device.
    I believe you can find this info on the SW.com Hyperspace "making of" videos.

It's definitely James Earl Jones. Hayden even said so in this month's Insider. Dunno why he wouldn't get a credit.

The credits struck me as odd, almost as if they re-used the ones from AOTC. Oliver Ford Davies also got a co-starring credit, though he was only at the funeral for less than two seconds. They should've given those spots to some of the supporting Jedi who were killed by the clones, or something.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram