Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Prequel Trilogy Collection?

While some of the VOTC figures were pretty awful (Kenobi), most of them were great, in my opinion... So I got to thinking (and I apologize if this has been discussed before)- what if they did the same kind of thing for the prequel trilogy? Four well-articulated, well-detailed (and better than VOTC) figures per movie, for episodes I, II, and III. What would you have them be? Here are my picks...

EPISODE I
    -Qui-Gon Jinn
    -Darth Maul (with lightsaber blades that are the correct length)
    -Battle Droid (that folds up completely)
    -Senator Palpatine/Darth Sidious (would be easy to do- just have a removable black robe w/hood)

EPISODE II
    -Padme (white outfit- best action costume for the character, IMO)
    -Mace Windu
    -Droideka (one that is proportioned correctly and folds into the wheel. Don't tell me they can't do it- they absolutely can)
    -Jango Fett

EPISODE III
    -Anakin (with variant head for Episode II haricut)
    -Obi-Wan (with variant heads for Episodes I and II haircut and shave)
    -Super Battle Droid
    -General Grievous (cloth cape w/ hilt holders, opening gut compartment)

I left out Yoda, Dooku, and Clone Trooper because I think we already have satisfying figures of them. Of course, this is all very wishful and unrealistic thinking anyway...

Re: Prequel Trilogy Collection?

It looks like the evolution sets will be a good vehicle to get many of these. Maul and Sidious are already coming "VOTC" style in the planned sets. They could easily include many of the figures mentioned above in such sets.

This is a very good idea. They could also do a Clone Wars collection with soft goods versions of some of the Jedi and / or Asajj.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

Arrrggggg! Soft goods!!!! Arrrrgggg!!!!
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

What's wrong with soft goods? I think some of the best versions of the Jedi are the soft goods versions from this line, including:

#21 Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
    #29 Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master)
    #30 Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
    #31 Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

A PTC line with the background cardbacks would be a great way to launch that 6 disc DVD set you just know Lucas is sitting on.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I know that this will never happen, but I would like to see different cardbacks for each movie. Also, in ref to the 6 disc set, you know that it will have tons of deleted scenes, that way all of us who just purchased the OT on DVD will have no choice but to purchase the entire collection again.

How about this?

VPTC
    Episode 1

Qui-Gon Jinn
    Darth Maul
    Battle Droid
    Jar Jar Binks

Episode 2

Padme
    Count Dooku
    Mace Windu
    Jango Fett

Episode 3
    Palpatine to Darth Sidious (Red) w/ Removable Hood
    Anakin (With Removable AOTC Head)
    Obi-Wan (Removable AOTC and TPM Head)
    General Grievous

LTBasker said:
    A PTC line with the background cardbacks would be a great way to launch that 6 disc DVD set you just know Lucas is sitting on.
    Yeah, it wouldn't suprise me to see Hasbro wait until they can get some synergy between it and the Saga Hi-Def box set that should come out around 2007 (For the 30th anniversary)

The "Evolutions" sets are basically VOTC quailty, which is fine becasue I need several of the figures there for dioramas and such anyway, but as a mostly keep on carder, I would love to see PTC line on VOTC style cardbacks.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Hey rust, dont forget about the Clone Wars:

Clone Wars

Asajj Ventress (soft goods)
    Kit Fisto (soft goods)
    Mace Windu (soft goods)
    Padme (soft goods) (use an outfit from the animated series - either the purple outfit from chapter 1 OR the snow outfit from chapers 15/16)