Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How does Leia remember her mom??

In ROTJ, Luke asked Leia if she remembered her mother. Leia said she somewhat remembered her as beautiful but sad. Luke did not have any memory of her. My question is how did Leia remember her so well? Leia's only moment with her mom was during delivery. Luke does not remember. I guess the force is strong in that family and sometimes they get flashbacks. That is the only possible explanation in my mind.

Re: How does Leia remember her mom??

that leia has a truly outstanding memory

"Just images. Feelings, really."

Perhaps she had a holo of Padme that Bail gave her?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

instead of trying to figure this out, it's best to just say that GL f'ed up.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    "Just images. Feelings, really."

Perhaps she had a holo of Padme that Bail gave her?

If forced to stretch logic, the holo might explain the "images" part. But we all know that that isn't what she meant. As little kids, under 5, we all kind of have fleeting memories and feelings about that time, but few solid memories. The obvious OT intention was that Leia's mom died sometime when the kids were toddlers or so. Whether Luke was there or not, we know that Leia should have been with mom for at least a few years.

Some inconsistencies are just impossible to explain away successfully.

Other than Leia may have actually even had more force potential than Luke. Since all she remembers is images and feelings, it could just be a impression in the force that imprinted on Leia when Padme died. It's not like Leia says a great deal about her mother in ROTJ. And nothing in ROTS ignores the established canon.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Maybe her adopted mother dies after a few years and she is unaware that she is adopted at all. Maybe she's referring to her "Organa" mother, you know ... whats-her-face. I can't remember her name.

The junior novelization answers this quite well when it states that Leia looks at Padme intently as if trying to memorize her face. Lucas f'ed up by not showing it that way in the movie.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    The junior novelization answers this quite well when it states that Leia looks at Padme intently as if trying to memorize her face. Lucas f'ed up by not showing it that way in the movie.
    The books are meant to expand on the movies, not vice versa. Obi-Wan was holding Leia next to Padme when she died. So I can buy the fact that she imprinted on Leia.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Obi-Wan was holding Leia next to Padme when she died. So I can buy the fact that she imprinted on Leia.
    it seemed that Obi-Wan was holding Luke when she died. i don't recall seeing Leia being handed over to Obi-Wan. he just said it was a girl, then Padme had her last words and died. unless the novel explains this better than the movie.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist