Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

post-Ep 3 revisioning idea for OT character

A friend and I were talking about the post-Ep 3 stuff, especially the show. He said he wanted to see something about a clone who goes rogue and wants to live free of his programmed constraints and a natural lifespan rather than just the standard 40 years clones get. That immediately got me thinking, what if we have this clone who does tamper with his genetic makeup and gets that longer lifespan and mental freedom he wanted but also gets some severe unintentional medical side-effects which lead this clone to become... Dengar.

I never really liked the EU backstory on Dengar to begin with, so it feels easy to kick much of it to the curb. We know Dengar is a bounty hunter like the genetic donor of the clones, we have seen Dengar doesn't like Boba Fett so the reasoning could be jealousy over Boba being Jango's favored child, Dengar is covered in bandages which could be from the sloppy genetic manipulation (say, perhaps, by a certain freaky doctor who hangs out in sleazy Tatooine bars even? ), and Dengar wears Imperial armor and sports an Imperial rifle which could be equipment he's familiar with.

So, what do you think, why not?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: post-Ep 3 revisioning idea for OT character

Awesome idea, JT ! ! ! I love it. My first idea to add is that 2-1B should be the one involved in the process but of course that would be incredibly dumb since he wouldn't let that pile of guts walk out of his OR looking like that. 2-1B does solid work.

Doc E should get the job, no doubt.

Den-G !!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good idea, and could probably be turned into a storyline in the live action Star Wars series. As long as Tycho doesn't pop into the thread and suggest it be about Han instead. The Young Han Solo Chronicles doesn't sound that fun.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

def a great idea. but i thought Dengar and Boba Fett were friends. i remember reading the tales of the bounty hunters, and Dengars tale involved him getting married and wanted Boba Fett to be at the wedding. and didn't Dengar help rescue Fett from the sarlac?
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Wow, I'm kinda surprised at the positive responses already.

Darko, I believe they became pals only after Boba Fett had lost his memory and Dengar saved him from the Sarlacc.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by darko666
    def a great idea. but i thought Dengar and Boba Fett were friends. i remember reading the tales of the bounty hunters, and Dengars tale involved him getting married and wanted Boba Fett to be at the wedding. and didn't Dengar help rescue Fett from the sarlac?
    Hearing that story always makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth. But that is actually some really deep thinking JT and a decent back story. I like the hating Boba Fett part due to him being favored more.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

really cool idea... we should get a scriptment together and send it skywalker ranch way...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

The Star Wars Galaxy keeps shrinking anyway - why not help it along?

Sorry, JT, that's not really a criticism of your idea specifically - it's just that this sort of thing has been so over-done, both by Lucas himself and in the EU, it's kinda like the "snake eating its own tail" in the way that the whole thing has become so self-referential.

That said, your idea would fit into the current feel of the Saga - I just don't happen to like how things have developed from ROTJ on.

Rick

Funny then, that you couldn't move on to bigger and better things since ROTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Funny then, that you couldn't move on to bigger and better things since ROTJ.
    Who says I haven't?

I still happen to really like the story and "place" that were created in ANH and most of ESB (and a few of the offshoots of the same era, like Daley's "Han Solo" novels). I stick around here a) because I'm a collector, and b) because I happen to enjoy putting in the occasional word for "Star Wars" as it existed when I was a kid, rather than the monster Lucas has created since he discovered that he had a license to print money.

Sorry if that doesn't meet your expectations of a "fan" .

Rick