Death Star Model Kit? what

Does anybody have any idea what this thing is. i was just wanting to know if its worth buying and hang it from the ceiling. And to if it even looks good or is just some crap more companys are trying to sell us. and how big it is
    [font=Arial Black]"No doubt in my mind coach put me in fouth quarter we would have won state." Uncle Rico[/font]
    [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]"At least you have a dad, I was just rolled up one day and left out in the cold." snowman from elf[/font]

Re: Death Star Model Kit? what

Not sure on the size, but it's just a big hollow shere. If you can paint well, I'm sure it would look awesome hanging from the ceiling.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Yeah,shame it didnt come prepainted in some way.Always bad with the model kits because I have no artistic talent at all.Should be pretty cool if it is rather large,hanging with a bunch of Micro Machine/Action Fleet ships.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I'm not sure of the size either. But it is hollow. If you're a good painter, you should be able to detail it better then the directions might say. It should also be whole- hanging it from the ceiling would look cool!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

DON'T DO IT! The kit is not worth the $20 you'll spend. I decided that I was going to try it. I love the death star, and we have no modern toy for it (not counting micro machines or lego). Anyway, this thing is CHEAP! It is the size of a mid-size basketball. I am good at building things and this model has poor design. I took my time with it, but the pieces do not fit well at all! I even hand pressed them for about 3 mintues! And when you put the two halves together (OH BOY! HERE WE GO!) they don't fit right. I was patient, and I feel that I am a good builder. However, this kit's design didn't allow me to construct that awesome death star. Plus it way smaller than you think! With it being in that big box, you'd think the thing would be larger. NOPE!

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

That's too bad about the kit not even fitting right. Is there some sort of interior or is it just that bad a set? I've seen the box several times and wondered how it was built, imagining a simple frame with panels built upon that.

Micro Machines made several Death Stars in the mid-to-late '90s, the actual Micro Machines Death Star 1 and 2, the MM Death Star Double-Takes transforming playset, and what I consider to be the best, the MM Die-Cast Death Star which is unfortunately quite difficult to find.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.