Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rank 'Em

Rank 'Em

Now that you've seen every Star Wars movie and the Clone Wars, rank them from best to last.

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Clone Wars
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Phantom Menace
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Re: Rank 'Em

From best to worst:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. The Phantom Menace

I didn't include Clone Wars, because they're not part of the six-movie saga. But if I did, they'd probably be in between ROTJ and AOTC.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A new hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones

empire
    revenge
    hope
    clones
    jedi
    menace
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Best to worst:
    1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. Attack of the Clones (yeah, so sue me!)
    4. A New Hope
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Phantom Menace

However, I still love all of them; it's not like I hate TPM or anything.

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. The Phantom Menace
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

1. The Phantom Menace
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Empire Strikes Back
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. Clone Wars - Animated Series
    7. A New Hope

Note: I love them all, and this list changes often.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 05-21-2005 at 04:21 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

1) Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    2) Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (this may end up being #1 though)
    3) Episode II.V : Clone Wars
    4) Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    5) Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    6) Episode IV: A New Hope

Yeah...that's all of them...sure....
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Attack of the Clones
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Phantom Menace

1. A New Hope - A classic. I've learned to appreciate the film on multiple levels as I later discovered and came to enjoy each of the separate genres of which Star Wars is a curious blend: science fiction, westerns, fantasy, et al.

2. The Empire Strikes Back - A tightly wrought film with great drama and suspense. I really felt the harrowing sense of danger in which my heroes were constantly placed. William's score is so amazing, it would be impossible to watch the film without it.

3. Return of the Jedi - An enjoyable resolution of the first trilogy, although plot elements are too similar to ANH. I have always liked all the characters introduced in the film, including the Ewoks.

4. Attack of the Clones - I enjoyed this film more than The Phantom Menace. I thought the humor was better developed and Ewan MacGregor really begins to shine as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin and Padme's relationship should have been begun prior to AOTC to avoid the awkwardly-written romantic subplot altogether.

5. The Phantom Menace - I left feeling hollow, which is a sign I didn't really click with a movie at all. The scatalogical humor, although funny in South Park or Austin Powers, detracts from this film. I didn't care for the voices of the main aliens, such as Jar Jar and the Neimoidians. Boss Nass was okay until he goes into those blubbering, stuttering, drooling fits of speech. I really like Padme outside her role as Queen; the low register in which she delivers her lines as monarch is really more distracting than regal. Although I'm not a racing enthusiast, I did enjoy the pod race even though it sometimes moved at a blurring pace. The Theed lightsaber duel with Williams choral score as a backdrop was excellent.

6. Revenge of the Sith - This was first time I've ever watched a Star Wars film and just shook my head in disbelief at certain scenes - and not at just some weak plot point, stupid fart joke, or alien gibbering. I stayed nearly spoiler-free the last few years, avoiding the trailers, news articles, discussions, and even the toys to some degree in an effort to view and enjoy this film objectively. The warm reviews I heard about, mostly from people in this forum who saw advanced screenings, were even heartening. But Anakin's sudden reversal to apprentice, Padme's nonsensical death, and the lack of a major land battle (Kashyyyk) all left me feeling disappointed. I like special effects, but the mind-numbing, overuse of CGI made some sequences just a fleeting blur of activity. It was enough to make me pine for Alec and David fencing on a stage with two sticks! I've seen the film once and plan on going again in about a month. I'm looking forward to seeing the film again but I'm not sure a second viewing will change my mind about it.