Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Star Wars Cryptoquotes!

Tired of trivia? How about a Star Wars word game. Decipher the encrypted Star Wars quote below, then post the correct answer and create your own.

Example: BTO-UXR AORR would be "Qui-Gon Jinn" (Where O=I and R=N; plus the hyphen is a clue)

Hints: Watch for double letters that indicate common double consonants or vowels, such as in the words "miSSing", "hoLLow", and "wEEkend". Single-letter words are fairly obvious. Punctuation, such as apostrophes, can also be a helpful clue.

Quotes can come from any source, but should be Star Wars related. All encyphered quotes should use the English alphabet. Numbers, symbols, or other odd characters are prohibited.

"WEV XCVFXR VBUPXBEJK. REI OCFF ZXDXJ LCZT U WEJX OJXKPNXT NCDX EL VPIW UZT DCFFUCZR. OX WIVK MX PUIKCEIV."

- MXZ YXZEMC
    Last edited by Ji'dai; 05-21-2005 at 01:27 PM.

Re: Star Wars Cryptoquotes!

HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME THINK?!?

Seriously, I am really bad at these for some reason, I think I'm just too lazy-minded but I've never been able to do these, especially LONG ones line this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmm, they were hard for me at first but after I started doing them it became easier once I got used to recognizing patterns and identifying commonly used words, such as 'a', 'the', 'that', etc. I'm the opposite though, I think the short ones are harder since they don't offer as many clues.

"Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."- Ben Kenobi

I don't feel I have the patience to compose my own, so someone else can do so if they want

BTW, Ji'dai, very cool idea for a thread!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Thanks! Nicely done, CaptainSolo, that is correct!

Here is another, shorter one. Probably too easy.

"QWVTS MLS ISATSZMJU FLYSTIF KLYTS Y ZLQUVS PC MLS GQYW VPWF."

- ZQCMQYW LQW FJTJ

Here is another, shorter one. Probably too easy.
    In the immortal words of Grand Moff Tarkin, "I think you overestimate their chances." Still, I'll give it some thought.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    "QWVTS MLS ISATSZMJU FLYSTIF KLYTS Y ZLQUVS PC MLS GQYW VPWF."

- ZQCMQYW LQW FJTJ
    Touche JT.

"Angle the deflector shields while I charge up the main guns."

-Captain Han Solo

Here's one:

"Q TF TGBRXQLE BLR VRTG, JXTK Q VZL'G TGBRX QB TLK SPXBLRX."

-VTXAL YTVRX
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Here's one:

"Q TF TGBRXQLE BLR VRTG, JXTK Q VZL'G TGBRX QB TLK SPXBLRX."

-VTXAL YTVRX
    "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
    -Darth Vader

Alright. I'll give it a try. Here goes nothing:

"DI CDKI YH YOCC EHPHDC XQEKHCPHK IX IVH NHZO. DI CDKI YH YOCC VDHP EHPHGWH." - ZDEIV FDQC

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138
    "DI CDKI YH YOCC EHPHDC XQEKHCPHK IX IVH NHZO. DI CDKI YH YOCC VDHP EHPHGWH." - ZDEIV FDQC
    That was a good one, but I think the two characters in bold are transposed. I'll let someone else post a solution if anyone is interested in playing.

Yeah, Ji'dai. You're right. I'm not surprised that I made an error. I'm actually happy that that ws all!