Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

#2 Anakin Saber Variation CONFIRMED!

I just picked up the #2 Anakin with Dooku-Saber. I searched: 1-Kohl's, 2-TRU's, 2-Targets, and 5-Walmarts looking at over 50 #2 Anakin's and only found one of these. There are two odd things to point out here: 1)The Dooku-Saber variant's datestamp is 50661 while all the other #2 Anakins that i saw had a lesser datestamp; 2)The Dooku-Saber variants bubble has been changed (look at the bubble near the hilt of the red sabers on both versions and you can see that one has a sharp 45* degree angle while the other gently curves. Given these two facts to me this would indicate that the Dooku-Saber variant is the *NEWLY RELEASED* version.

Here's a comparison shot (dial-up beware): #2_Anakin_Variant
    Last edited by potf2x; 04-23-2005 at 12:36 AM.

Re: #2 Anakin Saber Variation CONFIRMED!

Is there a gloved hand attached to the Dooku saber?

I saw that too, and I thought it was a total hoax. But I guess not. Went looking tonight but didn't find one.

Cool find though.
    "I have a visual" "Jedi?" "I think so." "How many? A thousand?" "No.." "Eighty?" "No sir.." "What? Fifty?" "Less.." "Forty? Come on! How many?!" "Two.." "What?!"

There's no hand attached to the Dooku saber.

I found 2 of these dooku saber anakins last night. While looking through all of them I even found an anakin error fig with no saber at all . But yes its a real variation and the dooku one is what they are changing to.

Not that it matters much to me but out of curiousity exactly which one of these is the rarer of the 2? The one with the glove or the one with the Dooku saber?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Dooku saber I would say.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I would have to say the Dooku saber is the harder one to find, for now. I think I read this is a running change. Once all the "gloved hand attached" ones sell through I think you will see the Dooku saber as teh norm from there.

Just like the blue saber Palpatine has a running change to be the correct red saber. After a while all you will see is the correct red saber.

I found #35 Palpatine and #36 Grievous today at a Wal-mart. It was the first time I have seen anything above #32.

Happy hunting!

i guess so, i found the dooku version yesterday, it has a newer stamp the the first red/gloved saber. oh well.
    later

i'm guessing this is the version that should have been released from the begining. theres a reason why this figure comes with the dooku saber. i rather have this figure than the first anakin that was shipped.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

I could be wrong but I think the reason there isn't a gloved hand attached to Dooku's saber is because Anakin actually holds it in his left hand in the film.

As far as which will be the most rare of the two I'd guess they'll actually be pretty equal when all is said and done. Anakin #2 is 1 per case in at least 3 more assortments beyond Wave 2 so it'll probably balance out.

A cool variation I suppose but hardly worth buying two of these figures IMO, unless you like being manipulated into buying multiples of the same figure by Hasbro. Oh wait I forgot this was an error and now they've made a running change to fix the mistake.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”