Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Inaccurate ROTS toys - yay, another list thread!

Someone else brought this up in another thread, but I also had the idea to make a thread about all the figures and toys we've gotten that don't quite match what we saw on screen. I'll leave out unused accessories (mostly), since pretty much most figures have an accessory that wasn't in the film.

*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack) - He never used his TPM/AOTC saber in the film (except in what I can only guess was a blooper - it sits near him when he's knocked out by Dooku), so he shouldn't have it here.
    *R2-D2 (Droid Attack) - I was waiting to find out what the hell his teeter-totter did, but still no answer. Thank God his enormous head-arm wasn't in the movie . . . was this supposed to represent the little thing he used to zap the buzz droid? And the slicked-up SBD parts accessory would've been better without C-3PO's head in the middle of it.
    *General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack) - Was this guy in the movie? I didn't notice.
    *Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack) - I suppose his pose could work in the "Nooo!" scene, but just the fact that he has a saber and an attack to go with it is misleading.
    *Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning) - This should've been a figure from the Yoda duel, but instead it's from the scene where Vader gets operated on. I didn't notice him shooting lightning at Vader, did you?
    *Shaak Ti (Jedi Master) - She had two planned death scenes, but neither of them made the cut, and she wasn't even on the council.
    *Mon Mothma (Republic Senator) - This is this film's Orn Free Taa. But at least he had a line this time! She was in the scene where Anakin and Obi-Wan land after the Dooku fight, but I wouldn't have noticed her if not for the figure in the first place.
    *Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master) - He has a Kashyyyk base, and Kashyyyk looks nothing like Mygeeto.
    *Clone Commander (Battle Gear) - While it's a great figure, I didn't even see a red commander in the movie at all! The only one like this that I saw was Commander Bly on Felucia, but his markings were yellow.
    *General Grievous (Exploding Body) - I would've preferred a version on fire to one that randomly falls apart. I don't think he really exploded in the movie, he just sort of fell to the ground anyway.
    *AT-TE Tank Gunner (Clone Army) - There weren't even any freakin' AT-TEs in the whole movie, let alone this guy!
    *Mas Amedda (Republic Senator) - To my delight, he didn't use his stupid tongue this time.
    *Clone Trooper (Super Articulation) - The only all-white clones in the movie were on the ship during the space battle, and I didn't see any with wires in their backs.
    *Ask Aak (Senator) and Meena Tills (Senator) - Similar to Mon Mothma, they were likely in that scene and that one only. I believe that they were also part of the delegation of 2000.
    *Utapaun Warrior - I didn't see any of these guys up close, though I did see some people fighting in the background on Utapau. I figured it was just clones and droids, I didn't see any of these. I bet that forumite -Durge- cried when he didn't see any of these guys.
    *Turbo Tank Driver - They didn't show inside the Turbo Tank, and I suppose this is like the guy that Yoda decapitated along with the camo commander. But still . . .

I'll talk about the deluxes and ships later, unless someone else wants to.

Re: Inaccurate ROTS toys - yay, another list thread!

"*Shaak Ti (Jedi Master) - She had two planned death scenes, but neither of them made the cut, and she wasn't even on the council."

Actually, Shaak Ti *is* on the council in ROTS, though you'll miss her if you blink. Look at the hologram of the Council when Yoda is talking to them from Kashyyyk. You can see the rear of her head.

Ya bunch of nitpickers! You're just not happy unless you tear down one of the greatest films and toy lines in the history of the world!

Sorry, just wanted to see what it was like on the other side.

This time around I only bought villains and army builders, and now I find they hardly got any screen time.

Neimoidian Warriors - (bought 6 this week) Background guard duty. Oh well, still a neat looking figure with samurai-like armor.
    SA Clones - (bought 12 this week) Darnit! The camo/jungle clones looked cool though.
    Royal Guards - (have 8) Background guard duty, although Yoda took out two of 'em pretty easily. Would've liked to see them in action, maybe at the Jedi Temple massacre.
    Wookie Warriors - (bought 8 this week, have 6 preview) Where the heck was the Kashyyyk land battle! Disappointed in that. We just got that one scene with the Wookie front line roaring away.
    Polis Massan - Just got to see him in the background when Padme arrives. We should've just got the OB/GYN droid.

Deluxe
    Clone with Jetpack - (bought 1) Didn't see this at all.
    Yoda on Can-Cell - I passed when I saw it Didn't see this either
    Last edited by Ji'dai; 05-21-2005 at 07:11 PM.

*AT-TE Tank Gunner (Clone Army) - There weren't even any freakin' AT-TEs in the whole movie, let alone this guy!

There actually were AT-TEs in the background during Aayla's scene.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aayla.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	11274  

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL

*Utapaun Warrior - I didn't see any of these guys up close, though I did see some people fighting in the background on Utapau. I figured it was just clones and droids, I didn't see any of these. I bet that forumite -Durge- cried when he didn't see any of these guys.
    *Turbo Tank Driver - They didn't show inside the Turbo Tank, and I suppose this is like the guy that Yoda decapitated along with the camo commander. But still . . .
    Um...actually the AT-TE shows up twice that I noticed...once on Felucia and briefly on Utapau...

I didn't see the Utapaun warrior, though I'm checking out the movie on a digital presentation so I keep my eyes peeled. Even if they don't show up, they make a pretty cool figure. I hope we see figures of those little Utapaun mechanics...

I didn't catch any TT Drivers either but again, still a cool figure...

And speaking of the clones....there were enough variations on 'em to keep Hasbro busy for a long while!

I believe there were Utapaun Warriors flanking Tion Medon in his scene. There are Neimodian Warriors gaurding the door on the Mustafar facility.

Hey, yeah Slass Allie was driving a OT speeder, only with red markings. Just watched the scene (DLed only the Order 66 scene) and noticed.
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

Very nice list JabbaJohn, I hadn't really thought about all of that until I read your post. Also the shots that I have seen of Anakin (Mustafar) doesn't appear to look like he did in the movie.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

Don't forget the most obvious: Target Exclusive Lava Vader. He's not in costume until after the lava incident, unless he wanted to go back for more surfin'

Quote Originally Posted by speck2001
    Don't forget the most obvious: Target Exclusive Lava Vader. He's not in costume until after the lava incident, unless he wanted to go back for more surfin'
    Well, it is called Darth Vader, Lava Reflection. So, maybe he goes back to Mustafar after the operation, stands at the edge of the lava, and reflects on the @$$ kicking that he received.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

I guess George figured Shaak Ti got enough screen time in the animated Clone Wars. Sure would have liked to see her in action again. She kicked butt, only to get humiliated by being tied up. Hope she is in an extended version of ROTS dvd. The Clone with Jet Pack was in the animated series also. I hope Hasbro makes the yellow version of the Clone Commander though.