Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mini Figs all wrong

So, I am looking at the AT-RT box today and notice 2 things that blew me away. Mace comes with the Turbo Tank and Luminara on the WOokie Catamaran. Mace never left Courascant, and I didnt see Luminara on Kashyyyk. How in the hell could they make this big of a mistake?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Mini Figs all wrong

These movie toys are designed and produced long before the final cut of the film is shown in theatres so there are bound to be inconsistencies. Remember the Episode I Hasbro R2 figure with the body jets? Although the figure with that action feature was released, the scene where R2 uses them was cut from the film.

The Kashyyyk land battle may have been much longer in the script sent to LEGO, so Luminara may have been featured more prominently. Lucasfilm probably sent out a list with photos/art of all the Jedi/characters featured in the film and toy companies chose which ones they would produce based on that. If a character ends up being cut, oh well. A Mace Windu mini-fig was probably produced with the idea that it would be included in a "Coruscant Arrest" set that never made it to production. So they end up including the Mace mini-fig in another set since he is a fairly main character.

I thought I saw Luminara in the background of Kashyyk but I'm probably wrong.

Mace is on the Turbo Tank in Revenge of the Brick.

I think part of having those figures there is to add "value" by including those light-up-saber figures in the sets. The driver of the AT-RT is wrong too, it's the Neyo clone helmet and chest when it should be a totally different guy (LEGO could have pulled this off using the old Biker Scout helmet on a Snowtrooper chest, but it'd still have to be repainted camo anyway), and the pilots in the ARC-170 are all standard Ep 3 Clonetrooper helmets with special paintjobs when they should be that open-faced monstrosity seen in the film. However, unlike the AT-RT driver and ARC-170 pilots, you could think of Luminara and Mace the same way you might with those mini-vehicles and bases that they used to throw in, extra stuff you can use any way you want to. It's like the new TIE Fighter with l-u Vader, we never see Vader in a TIE.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Luminara is definitely on Kashyyk, I saw her again.

Yep, Ms. Unduli is on Kashyyyk for a very quick shot in the beginning of the battle. As for Mace, I haven't the foggiest why he comes with it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I am gonna have to see it again because I missed Ms. Luminara
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

She's in a shot scrolling right to left, she's in the middle of a crowd . . . blink and you'll miss her.

Not to mention the Wookie flyer. The catamaran had only a slightly longer cameo. Really, all of the sets out so far from EP1 had short screen lives except for the ULD, the Boga, and the JSF.

Plus the Ani minifig from the DVT shouldn't have legs.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The LEGO Catamaran doesn't have the propulsion wings that are in the movie even though the Wookiee Flyer from the Wookiee Attack set has 'em.

Oh, and if we're getting to inaccuracies, the Vader figure from the DVT set should have its cape, he's wearing it in the film when he's being reassembled and still has it when he gets off the table.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.