Thread: FX blasters?

Hybrid View

FX blasters?

How intereested would everyone be in seeing a line of Blasters added to the MR FX line? Just wondering.

Re: FX blasters?

Quote Originally Posted by knightone
    How intereested would everyone be in seeing a line of Blasters added to the MR FX line? Just wondering.
    It would be nice if only to have an affordable line of blasters made from lesser-quality materials as well (although my Vader FX hilt is just as nice as the LE). However, I don't think they'll be as popular as the FX lightsabers. First of all, one of the most impressive qualities of the FX sabers is how realistic the blade looks when ignited. The blasters don't have any impressive light show like that. The best they could do is have a bright glow at the end of the barrel/muzzle/etc.

I just don't think they'd have the same mass-market appeal.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Just out of curiosity, just how would they even pull off making an FX Blaster? Think they should have a light pole sticking out the edge of a Stormtrooper Blaster?

Hasbro has made several toy blasters that light up and even make sound!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Just out of curiosity, just how would they even pull off making an FX Blaster? Think they should have a light pole sticking out the edge of a Stormtrooper Blaster?

Hasbro has made several toy blasters that light up and even make sound!
    Yeah I was gonna say, doesn't hasbro already make these? Unless you want to spend like $120 for a metal gun that has sound effects I suggest just going for the toy version and save the money. Just my opinion.
    "I have you now."

I would be interested if they could get them in the $50 to $75 mark. By the way has anyone else heard anything more about their costumes

MR could do a lot of things with the blasters that would make it much cooler than the Hasbro toys. A 3w or 5w LED at the muzzle could make an ultra bright muzzle flash. The scopes could also be illuminated by an LED to give the reticles a super cool look. The magazines could be removeable, the cocking handles (if any) could move, etc. There are a lot of things that can be done with it to make it a very cool item if you use your imaginations.