Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did yoda getting on the escape pod

feel E.T.-ish to anyone?

When are they going to make that sequel?

Re: Did yoda getting on the escape pod

Quote Originally Posted by jedi-cpa
    feel E.T.-ish to anyone?

When are they going to make that sequel?
    That's exactly what I said to my wife. I definitely felt a serious E.T. vibe during that scene. I can't explain why either. The ships look nothing alike. Yoda certainly doesn't look like E.T. There was just something about it...
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I assumed it was another of George's homages.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Which sequel? ET 2? There was a book called "Journey to the Green Planet" or something like that. That and the humorously surreal ride at Universal Studios are about all the sequel that we're likely to ever see.

Unless. . . ET's people live in the SW galaxy, as proven by Senator Gredbleips in TPM. (Also ET's chanting "home! home!" when he sees a guy in a Yoda costume.)

ET's race has never been named. (Nor has Gredbleips', for that matter.)

Qui-Gon learned the secret of immortality from the teaching of the Whills.

ET returned from the dead!

ET is a Whill!!!

Therefore, since Star Wars is "From the Journal of the Whills," all the Star Wars movies are sequels to ET: The Extra-Terrestrial!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Which sequel? ET 2? There was a book called "Journey to the Green Planet" or something like that. That and the humorously surreal ride at Universal Studios are about all the sequel that we're likely to ever see.

Unless. . . ET's people live in the SW galaxy, as proven by Senator Gredbleips in TPM. (Also ET's chanting "home! home!" when he sees a guy in a Yoda costume.)

ET's race has never been named. (Nor has Gredbleips', for that matter.)

Qui-Gon learned the secret of immortality from the teaching of the Whills.

ET returned from the dead!

ET is a Whill!!!

Therefore, since Star Wars is "From the Journal of the Whills," all the Star Wars movies are sequels to ET: The Extra-Terrestrial!!
    Wow....

And I thought Tycho had some zany theories...

(Just kidding, Tycho)
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jedi-cpa
    feel E.T.-ish to anyone?
    Yep, I thought the same thing. Yoda's ship seemed a little too cute but I guess he doesn't need a huge chrome starship like a certain spoiled Coruscant princess.

I heard that Lucas asked Stephen Spielberg to 'help' with ROTS and he was involved in that very sceen.

Jim Jam

You know, that scene DID feel familiar but I couldn't place it . . . ET is what I was thinking of !

Jim Jam, I don't recall what scenes Senor Spielbergo worked on but it is referenced in the Making Of book . . . I will double check.

Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if GLu did it this way as an homage to the film, I mean if he was tipping his cap to Frankenstein then why not ET ?

I like the Frankensith reference personally and I'm fine with the escape pod part being like ET......heck I thought it was cool those guys are in the Galactic Senate!

Jim Jam

And I guess you could say he nodded at Jaws as well, the way Palps lays out that hook and reels in Anakin right under his gil.