Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Sopranos Season 6 (merged)

Based on this article on CNN.com the new season isn't going to hit until Spring of 2006. Now I knew that it wasn't coming until 2006 but I had heard before that it was going to be early in the year. More time to wait.

Since we're on the subject, and to celebrate season 5 coming soon on dvd, what do you think about the past season and what do think will happen in season 6? I've only seen a few eps of season 5 so I can't really comment but since season 6 will be the last, someone big has to get "whacked". I think it's going to be Paulie and Syl. I dont know why, just a guess.
    "I have you now."

Re: Sopranos Season 6

IIRC Season 6 has always been slated for a March 06' release. Only ten episodes though instead of the usual thirteen. It still seems so far away that I haven't really given it much thought. 10 months is a long time but I'm sure I'll bust out the box sets when Season 5 comes out. Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.

I'll refrain from commenting on Season 5 since you haven't watched the entire season yet megaprime. I wouldn't want to spoil anything for you. Let me just say this, the s@!* hits the fan by season's end.

It is interesting though that most of HBO's successful original series are coming to an end if they haven't already. I never got into Sex and the City but it had a nice run and the final season of Six Feet Under is about to start, which I'm excited for even though I still need to finish watching the rest of last season on DVD. It will be sad to see the Sopranos end but as long as HBO comes up with great new shows like Deadwood to replace it I'll be happy, but the Sopranos will always remain a treasured favorite.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

And here I was expecting a January release but that 10 episode total seems to be set in stone. Although, I read in EW not long ago that they might have been trying to negotiate for a 7th, who knows ?

Season 5 was fantastic (come on, Robert Loggia ! ! ! ) so at least we've got those DVDs coming out next month.

I don't care who gets whacked as long as its not Silvio !

Paulie does have it coming. Chrissy Boy, too. Well, okay, Silvio DOES deserve it as well but I just love him too much to let him leave the show. Same with Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy

I'll refrain from commenting on Season 5 since you haven't watched the entire season yet megaprime. I wouldn't want to spoil anything for you. Let me just say this, the s@!* hits the fan by season's end.
    Actually I did, unfortunately, catch the end of the season(last couple of episodes)so I kinda know what happens, but I'm just missing a few episodes in the middle. I have all 4 seasons on dvd, so I have to get season 5, regardless if I've seen them all or not. I can't wait for both the dvd set and the new season, but 10 months, yeesh.
    "I have you now."

This Saturday Night --Exclusive Season Six Preview!

Is the wait for new episodes of The Sopranos driving you crazy? Then you won't want to miss HBO's behind-the-scenes look at the making of season six! Tune in this Saturday, May 28 and Sunday May 29th just before the premiere of HBO Films' Empire Falls part 1 and 2 at 9PM-and get the inside story on what's going on with your favorite New Jersey crime family.

Plus: Visit HBO.com next week for even more exclusive preview video!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I saw that preview on HBO a few hours ago, Steve - looks fantastic !

Might be time to grab another plate of *$%*^ Ziti.

While listening to Howard Stern today the subject of The Sopranos came up during the news and apparently David Chase has stated that he has written enough stories that a six or seven episode 7th and final season could follow the ten episode 6th season. I haven't been able to find any news to back this claim up so I'd still consider it a rumor but a cool rumor none the less so I figured it was worth sharing anyway.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

That would be sweet Hellboy, but of course I'm skeptical as to if it can really happen.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Yeah, just because Chase has written the stories doesn't mean the cast will be up for another season. One can hope though.

And here I went and forgot to watch the preview on Saturday. Maybe they'll replay it.

Somewhat related, there's a new set of Sopranos trading cards coming out later this month !