Thread: Ncis

Ncis

Any NCIS fans out there?

Can you believe they killed Kate off? I was betting money on McGee, the probationary agent.

Ticked me off so much, don't know if I'll watch next season.

Re: Ncis

I watch the show. Not as much this season as before. I was in shock when they killed her off. The only thing that I don't understand is before that, Kate was talking to Abby and Abby said she had a dream about Tony with blood on his face. Personally, I'm thinking that the finale was a dream and not reality. At least I'm hoping this is the case because I liked Kate's character.

I have been watching this show most of the time it's been on, the original pilot really didn't work for me (the 2-parter on JAG) but I gave it another try and on its own it's a fun rip (or parody really) of CSI. I thought last night's ep ending was a great, they took so many cheap shots pretending various main characters were going to die which made it fun because they really were hitting classic season-finale stereotypes left and right, but they also kinda telegraphed Kate's death from the first moments of her and McGee talking. The actress who plays agent Kate Todd apparently wanted to leave the series, and she wasn't in the pilot, so at least she went out with a bang (pardon the expression); plus, it seems a little more realistic that not all the heroes survive the big cases, though this specific layout with the returning villain was a bit over the top even for this show. And they didn't skimp on a weepy drawn-out death, you can actually see the bullet zipping towards her head right before blood spurts out the back of her skull onto her partners (and while she's saying she thought she'd be dead before she heard Tony was right... nasty little dark-humor touch). Honestly, she could have stayed or left, she never seemed like a perfect fit to me but I did get used to her, however now that she's dead they better not pull a Dallas season premiere and have her alive due to dream sequence or faked death or anything like that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I didn't know she wanted to leave. Thanks for that tidbit.

NCIS replaced JAG this season as must-see each week at our house. If we missed JAG, big deal. We normally taped NCIS (and watched American Idol!) and watched it later on when we could enjoy it.

It will be interesting to see if Kate's character is replaced or if it will be the boys club.

i've watched NCIS off and on since it started, but didn't really get into it until midway through last season. they'll definitely have to replace kate. mcgee and tony can't exist just as foibles for jethro. they need to be able to play off each other. they should give abby a bigger role in the show though.

The show's producer, the elder Bellisario, says he is casting for a foreign-born actress for the newest castmember. I say that's bull, just get Catherine Bell to fill the gap now that JAG: San Diego is dead.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

anyone else watch the premiere?

after not watching any tv during the summer months of re-runs i'll be turning the tube back on.

It's one of our must-see shows at the house.

I knew it would be Ziva getting in trouble to lure Gibbs (temporarily) out of retirement.

Damn CBS, because of Big Brother, ran the last two episodes from last season at 10 p.m. during the previous weeks. Would've been nice to have seen them a second time.

gibbs needs to come back full time. while i like the rest of the cast, it's just not strong enough without mark harmon.

SPOILER:
    I've read he'll be back full-time by the third or fourth episode.

It was funny to see DiNozo and McGhee's characters reversed.