Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

how does security holo have footage of Ani w/ Palpatine?

I noticed this on opening day but decided to hold off until seeing it again to be sure. In ROTS, Palpatine sends Ani to destroy the Jedi Temple and then head off to Mustafar to kill the Separatist leaders after "knighting" his new Sith apprentice. Yet when Yoda and Obi-Wan get to the temple and check the security holograms, there's an image of Anakin kneeling before Palpatine and getting a similar talk, except it's clearly a different scene than the one we saw because it doesn't mention Mustafar, information Obi-Wan later tries to get out of Padme. So where does this holo come from, do they have spy cameras in Palpatine's office and if so, why would they edit out important info? Or did Palpatine come to the Jedi Temple just so he could re-initiate Anakin into the fold on camera even though nobody should have been around to ever see the holo and Palps already gave Anakin final orders in his office previously?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: how does security holo have footage of Ani w/ Palpatine?

I took it to mean that Palpatine went to the Temple to relish in the carnage. Seeing the good work of his new servant and absolute proof that he had bathed his hands in the blood of the Jedi (Mace's murder was an act of trickery, Anakin's complicity in it was not cold blooded), Palps commended Vader and then sent him along to finish the other half of his order which was to go to Mustafar.

Kill the Jedi in the Temple, then go kill the Separatists.

BTW, just a side-note really, but the holo showing Anakin fighting other Jedi in the temple that Obi-Wan sees, I've heard claim that this is proof he did more than kill younglings, but I can't see how anybody can tell they're adults or not, they're shorter than Anakin and you don't really see them all that well, could easily have been a kid like Zett Jussaka or whatever that name is.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah. It's pretty obvious that Palpatine went to the temple to relish in the carnage. Since as JT mentioned, the dialogue between Palpatine/Vader is different then the dialogue in Palpy's office. This seemed like praising for dealing with the Jedi, and then dispatching Anakin to complete the second half of his task, dealing with the Sepratists on Mustafer. Also to finally get access to the Jedi Archives for himself. After all the 'Making of' books for TPM noted that there are Ancient Sith Holocrons locked away in the Archives. I could see Palpatine in a hurry to get his hands on all that knowledge.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I figured Palpatine went to see the end result, i think with all of his hate for the Jedi he wouldnt pass it up for the galaxy. I do think Anakin had to have fought older Jedi, i doubt the Jedi would have left the temple in the care of younglings or Padawans.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I always took it to mean that Palpatine went to the Jedi templeknowing full well that there were security camera's all over the place. It was kinda his way of saying to the Jedi well you did what you did during the sith war, so now he had the upper hand. He knew that someone was going to see it (namely Yoda). Palpatine always plans everything out well in advance, he even planned his own kidnapping.

As for Anakin and the footage of him killing Jedi, it is difficult to tell is the Jedi he kills in the footage Obi-Wan is looking at were other masters, knights, padawans or younglings. However the novel states that there are masters all the way through to younglings slaughtered at the temple.
    Give in to your anger with each passing moment you make yourself more my servant. ~ Emperor Palpatine
    Every single Jedi, including your friend Obi-Wan Kenobi, is now an enemy of the Republic. ~Palpatine
    [font=arial]I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new empire. ~Vader[/font]

The Jedi thta we see Vader fighting seem to be older how old??? I'd say Jedi knights, remember Nick Gillard (I forget his last name at the moment) was going to be one of those we see in the footage being killed and he'd be a full fledged Jedi.

My thought on the Vader/Palps part is that Vader is in communication with Palps and is letting him know that step one has been taken care of.

Jim Jam

In the novelization, Palpatine comes in to verify the carnage and so that Anakin can report on the Sith Holocrons that were in the library.

Also, Cin Drallig (Nick Gillard) fights alongside the Padawan Whie in the Garden of 1,000 Fountains, where Vader kills them both.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks for clearing that up! It was driving me crazy!
    I thought Obi-Wan got a different edit or something and I wondered how he had securty footage of Palp's office.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Rocketboy, that Chewie pic in your avatar looks like he is trying to seduce me.