Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you like 4-packs of ROTS clones (like the EE exclusives)?

Just as the title suggests, would you like 4-packs of ROTS clones (like the EE exclusives)?

First off all of these clone variants would be SA (super articulated).
    Second, we know there are other variants out there, but to save on the confusion please keep discussion to clones ACTUALLY seen in the movie.

Here are some very real possibilities for 4-packs:
    Commander Assortment:
    Commander Cody (Orange Commander of the Utapau assualt force)
    Commander Gree (Green Commander of the Kashyyk Defense force)
    Commander Bly (Yellow Commander of the Felucia assualt force)
    Commander Neyo (Barc speeder bike commander-in the scene where Stass Allie is killed)

Basic Troop assortment:
    Utapau Clone (Cody's Orange troopers)
    Kashyyk clones (in camoflauge-like greenish biker scout like armor)
    Yellow Clone (Bly's Clones)
    Blue Clones (Anakin's legion that storms the Jedi Temple)

These two sets cover virtually all of the MAJOR clone variants seen in the movie.

This would mean that 3 of the 4 commanders would have a representative basic clone in that assortment to go with them.

IMO, if Hasbro doesn't want to put these out single carded, then this is the best way to go at it. But please for the love of gawd, no atrocious pricing. At best the sets for the basic should seel for no more than $24 ($6 each). While the commanders could be priced a scant more because the would require very specific molds. At most for the commander set it should cost no more than $28 ($7 each). Also, Cody should come with a removable helmet!

Just thought of another possible 4-pack:
    Shocktrooper (Palpatine's Senate clones)
    Medic Clone (Orange clone variant with 3 bulge helmet)
    White Clone (Only really seen on Coruscant)
    Snow Clones (Baccarra's clones that have red helmets and red waist capes)

The responses submitted here will be forwarded on to Hasbro.
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 05-26-2005 at 08:31 AM.
    Move along, move along

Re: Would you like 4-packs of ROTS clones (like the EE exclusives)?

YES YES YES. I loved the EE clone sets and would definately buy these. One can never have enough clones. As far as pricing, there really should be no need to change th price on the commander set. Hasbro will make it's money simply because of the $6.00 price tag.
    As far as carded versions of some of the characters that would be cool as well. perhaps we can even see a carded clone fire pilot, medic clone and AT-PT clone.
    Also if Hasbro does decide to go this route, and Hasbro you really should listen to us on this on, all of the clones should have removable helmets.
    Please Hasbro answer our cries, give us our CLONES.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I would actually prefer them to be 5-packs instead, because I buy 5 of each Clone and a Commander. I would also like to see the Camo Scout Troopers. Other than that you pretty much said exactly what I would love to get. Also hopefully they would not be exclusives, just normal 5-Packs, available at every store.

I would rather see the commander's release on single card. As far as the multi pack I would assume we would only get one mold with different paint jobs.
    So I would expect we would only see these:

Utapau Clone (Cody's Orange troopers)
    Yellow Clone (Bly's Clones)
    Blue Clones (Anakin's legion that storms the Jedi Temple)
    Shocktrooper (Palpatine's Senate clones)
    White Clone (Only really seen on Coruscant)
    Snow Clones (Baccarra's clones that have red helmets and red waist capes)

So they could do the four colors and a pack of white clones although since there really weren't that many white clones there may not be as high of demand for them having already been released twice. Also if they do this as an exclusive hopefully it will be the first Hasbro online exclusive so it could be cheaper then EE could make it.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I still think it would be awesome if they sold Troopers in buckets a'la LEGO. they could put like 10-15 in a bucket, they could sell them for about $40 and still make a very good profit. ( I gaurantee it does not cost more than $1 to maufacture one) They could also do it for Droids and Stormtroopers. Then they could do a 4 or 5 pack with just the commanders. I think it would take the headache out of hunting down 4 packs. Plus trying to open those things sucks, with all the tape and plastic ties they use to secure the figure to the box. Just give me a Giant plastic bucket I can dump out on the table and set up.

i vote articulated multi packs as well. the troop builders from clone wars and the ones for ROTS are a disappointment. possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by piratefett
    possibilities are endless.
    That's certainly true. This movie was loaded with cool-looking troops, commanders, etc., and yes, if they were available, I'd buy them all. I hope it happens.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

I second the bucket idea, those boxes are a pain in the *ss. Even better if the buckets were maybe even the buckets can be replica helmets of the clones ??????? Either way i would love if hasbro dropped the shadow box packaging and using a bucket method.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The Bucket "helmet" idea is neat.

Here's another idea.

Instead of a bucket have a "Turbo Tank" shell be the case. Basically it's just a rectangular plastic case with only a smidge of detailing. Not at all meant to be a toy, but a carry-case/playset. You can pop off the top to get to the troopers and have a place to store them back again. This could be with moving wheels or not. If not moving wheels then think of it as a "throwback" to the vintage era when we got a cardboard AT-At as a playset.

BTW, the Turbo Tank was seen in the Battle of Kashyyyk and in the EU goes by the name of the Juggernaut.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

http://www.rocuniverse.com/forums//viewtopic.php?t=4308

That is a link to a post I made on another forum with a list of EVERY CLONE in E3 (Most have Pictures).

Now, let a Clone Guru Handle this...

Clone Commander 4-Pack
    Commander Neyo
    Commander Cody
    Lieutenant Fox
    Commander Gree

Clone 4-Pack #1
    Target Clone with Neyo's Head (Correct Neyo grunt)
    Cody's Legion Grunt
    Gree's Legion Grunt (Camo Biker Scout)
    Bacara's Legion Grunt (Snowclone)

Clone 4-Pack #2
    AT-RT Driver
    Gray Marked Clone
    Thire's Legion Grunt
    Commander Bly

Clone 4-Pack #3
    Juggernaut Gunner
    AT-TE Gunner
    Clone Pilot