Anyone Else Like the Storybook Versions?

Hi gang, I just bought the Storybook version of ROTS for my kids - after I had a look and made sure there were no pictures of the barbecue that were going to scar them for life.

Interestingly enough, reading through this book made me remember that I had loved the OT Storybook versions as a kid - as a matter of fact I think the first version of a SW story I ever took in was the ANH Storybook (I was 5 when the movie came out, and didn't see it for the better part of a year).

Having recently looked through the Storybooks again (I don't have EpI or EpII, but I hope to change that soon), I realize that they usually have something interesting in terms of photography or story that didn't make the movies:

ANH - pics of Luke looking up with the binos, and with him meeting Biggs
    ESB - a story bit about snow creatures attacking Echo base
    ROTS - a pic of Yoda's shuttle on approach to Dagobah

I would highly recommend that everyone have a look at these, either in the store or in the library. They're written pretty well and manage to get the nuts and the bolts of the stories across very nicely. The size of the books and the pictures inside them make them well worth the few minutes it would take to look them over.

Anyone else like these?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Re: Anyone Else Like the Storybook Versions?

ROTJ has a great alternate shot of Luke hanging onto the grating of Jabba's palace: he jumped up and held on as opposed to the film version in which he runs over to that door.

I haven't looked at the ROTS book yet.

My copies are so battered and creased! I loved those books (yes, I professed my undying affection to them... ) and they still bring fond memories. They were my Internet before such a concept even existed. Like Caesar, I have yet to get the ROTS, or any Prequel storybook for that matter. I might.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Caesar, I did find that ROJ pic - very cool. BelCam, my copies aren't exactly "very fine" anymore either .

I had hardcover copies of the first 2, then paper for ROJ and ROTS. I flipped through an EpI version I found (in rough shape) at Zellers the other night, but didn't notice anything new picture-wise.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I still have my original storybooks from when i was a kid and love them too! I just finished reading the ROTS storybook to my son (7....reads it himself actually, but it's more fun together!) and then just bought the Ep. 1 storybook.

I can't find the AOTC storybook anywhere for less than $45.00 used. What's the deal with that? There are rarely any on ebay either. Amazon and bn.com both don't have it.

I'd love to find it.