Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Biggest Failure in the RotS Line...

...is the lack of vehicles.

Think about it: there are at least four classes of Separatist Capital Ships, Venator-class Star Destroyers, V-Wing fighters, AT-APs, Turbo Tanks, Corporate Alliance Tank Droids, the Droid Flyers used during the battle of Kashyyk - and we still never got Homing Spider Droids, either.

These are all vehicles which have more than bit parts - but with the end of the Action Fleet line, I don't think we are ever going to see any of these. The RotS line has been planned out, and after figure #56 we are back to different cards and mixing up all six films as far as figure choices goes.

It just hit me today that what I considered the coolest part of these movies, the spaceships, are sorely underrepresented in the modern-day collections. The RotS toy line totally hasn't accounted for all the vehicles we need.

And I am still really saddened that we do not have a single example of a real Republic armored ground unit for dioramas. We have Hailfire Droids and AATs, but nothing to stand up to them.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Re: Biggest Failure in the RotS Line...

Yep, back in the day we would have had tons of vehicles, but those days are long gone I'm afraid. I doubt Hasbro will ever have the confidence in the PT to produce any more major ships/vehicles from this point on. I just thank God they decided to make the ARC 170!

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Yeah, I love big items like vehicles and stuff and I feel slighted by this ROTS line.

The Droid Tri-Fighter has less screen time than un-produced vehicles like Grievous' Starship, V-Wing, Droid Flyer, ect...
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

From my fantasy Ultimate Saga Collection, here's a list of vehicles for ROTS. Point out what I am missing and I'll try and add them. I love playing with these things. In my mind.

Speeder Bike (MSRP 9.95)
    -Includes Exlcusive Pilot (Neyo's Battalion) with Blaster
    -Removable Stand (for display)

BARC Speeder (MSRP 9.95)
    -Includes Exlcusive Pilot (Neyo's Battalion) with Blaster
    -Removable Stand (for display)

Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (MSRP 24.95)
    -Removable Hyperspace Ring
    -Battle Damage!! (Removable Wing)
    -Exclusive R4 figure
    -Buzz Droids (4)
    -Hyperspace Ring Droids (2)
    -Working Landing Gear and Opening Cockpit

General Grievous Starfighter (MSRP 19.95)
    -Includes mini Bail Organa Hologram
    -Working Landing Gear and Opening Cockpit (OK, so this is a no-frills ship,

but that's why it's 20 bucks!)

Droid Flyer (Seen on Kasshyyk) (MSRP 14.95)
    -Battle Damage: Exploding Action!

Droid Water-Skimmer (Seen on Kasshyyk) (MSRP 14.95)
    -Exlusive Pack-in Droid Pilot

Anakin's Corascant Speeder (MSRP 14.95)
    -Working Landing Gear and Opening Cockpit (OK, so this is a no-frills ship,

but that's why it's 15 bucks!)

Naboo Royal Skiff (MSRP 29.95)
    -Opening Cockpit seats two figures
    -Hidden Compartment to hide Obi-Wan in
    -Working Landing Gear and Ramp
    -Main Hold with Cot
    (Slightly scaled down)

V-Wing Fighter (MSRP 24.95)
    -Exclusive V-Wing Pilot Pack-In Figure
    -Moving S-Foils for Attack or Cruise Modes

Palpatine's Shuttle (MSRP 39.95)
    -Opening Cockpit seats two figures
    -Main Hold
    -Exclusive Pack-In Burnt Darth Vader with Medical Pod
    (Slightly scaled down)

Senate Pods (MSRP 19.95)
    -Chancellor/Supreme Chancellor/Emperor's Pod
    -2 Senatorial Pods
    (Each pod is basically a hunk of plastic, but you get three of them so you can re-enact some of the Senate scenes, or even have Sidious Force-throw some of the Pods at Yoda! For those really crazy Mofos out there you could buy tons of these sets and make a Senate Chambers of your own!)
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

Quote Originally Posted by beckmen
    Senate Pods (MSRP 19.95)
    -Chancellor/Supreme Chancellor/Emperor's Pod
    -2 Senatorial Pods
    (Each pod is basically a hunk of plastic, but you get three of them so you can re-enact some of the Senate scenes, or even have Sidious Force-throw some of the Pods at Yoda! For those really crazy Mofos out there you could buy tons of these sets and make a Senate Chambers of your own!)
    Perhaps they can even incorporate a launching mechanism that will throw the pods toward the center pod for you. Obviously, not too powerful of a projectile or the lawsuits will start pouring in!!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Why we don't have a V-Wing fighter yet astounds me. We even got a repainted gunship that wasn't even in the movie! But don't despair. Hasbro did the same thing in 2002 with the AOTC vehicles. We got some more in 2003.

Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter
    Jango Fett's Slave 1
    Anakin's Speeder
    Zam's Speeder
    Republic Gunship

Anakin's Swoop Bike
    Dooku's Speeder Bike
    Geonosis Starfighter
    Hailfire Droid
    Spider Droid

So I don't think we've seen the last of the ROTS vehicles. I think these could be great possibilities for late 2005/early-mid 2006:

-V-Wing Fighter
    -General Grievous' Starfighter
    -Palpatine's Shuttle (Hey, they made the ROTJ one. This one's smaller, too)
    -NR-N99 Tank Droid (aka Droid Water Skimmer)
    -Kashyyyk Escape Pod w/ Yoda
    -Bail Organa's Speeder w/ Bail Organa
    -Anakin's Coruscant Speeder w/ Anakin
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

While I do think that the big lack of vehicles and playsets is a huge failure, given how well this line has been received, it is not the only one. I think that some correctness would have been nice. Examples: Stass and her wrong speeder bike, the At-Rt coming with the basic commando from Wookiee Land and not the correct pilot, etc.... I would have liked more figures for people that were actually in the friggin' movie! (Cody anyone?) I think that they were blinded by the fact that this is it for the movies and decided to go all out. I do not think however, that they planned well. All the ships except for over-priced repaints on the first day? They gave us nothing but 16 figures and a few odds and ends to hold our interest until fall. Although my checkbook would like the break.....
    "For I am Palpatine, king of all I see,
    but I don't see enough
    that's the problem with me."

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Perhaps they can even incorporate a launching mechanism that will throw the pods toward the center pod for you. Obviously, not too powerful of a projectile or the lawsuits will start pouring in!!
    I don't know about the power there SL, have you fired any of the Attacktix figures? My son & I tried them @ C3 and I hit him in the eye with a missile. He was crying so bad, that one of the reps felt sorry for him and gave him some of the promo figures they were giving away.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by WesleySr
    I don't know about the power there SL, have you fired any of the Attacktix figures? My son & I tried them @ C3 and I hit him in the eye with a missile. He was crying so bad, that one of the reps felt sorry for him and gave him some of the promo figures they were giving away.
    The Attacktix rock! My son likes to set up the regular 3 3/4" figures and then take a platoon of clone attacktix in and shoot them all down. You can hit them from acrossed the room with those things.
    [b][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=navy][size=3]President of the[/size] "Save the Wampa[size=3](s)[/size][size=4]" [/size][size=3]Foundation.[/size][/color][/size][/font][/b]
    [b][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font][/b]

I should buy a booster set just for kicks...