Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you have done differently with the line?

Now that we've all seen the movie, many people are complaining that we got too many obscure characters like the Utapau warrior and not enough more major characters like Commander Cody. So I've come up with a scenario. Imagine you are a Hasbro executive and you get to decide the 56-figure lineup for ROTS. Now, you've already seen the movie, so you know who the major characters are. Who would you pick for the line? I would pick:

bold font indicates new figures not in the real ROTS line.

Also includes some of the real figures, but the order is different.

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi (w/ removable robes, no action feature)
    2. Anakin Skywalker (w/ removable robes, no action feature)
    3. Yoda
    4. Padme
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Emperor Palpatine (brown suit which he fights Yoda in)
    7. C-3PO
    8. R2-D2
    9. General Grievous (Deluxe version instead of basic version)
    10. Chancellor Palpatine (red outfit, no action feature)
    11. Mace Windu (no action feature, with robe)
    12. Commander Cody (w/ removable helmet)
    13. Clone Trooper (Blue Coruscant Armor)
    14. Chewbacca (no action feature, w/ Kashyyyk bowcaster)
    15. Tarfful
    16. Wookiee Warrior (same as #43 w/ vanilla and chocolate variants)
    17. Kashyyyk Clone Trooper (w/ Camo armor)
    18. Commander Gree (Kashyyyk Commander)
    19. Ki-Adi Mundi
    20. Commander Bacarra
    21. Mustafar Battle Obi-Wan (basically same as Jedi Kick Obi-Wan, but w/o action feature)
    22. Mustafar Battle Anakin (w/ interchangable battle damage body parts)
    23. Kit Fisto (w/ robes)
    24. Saesee Tiin (w/ robes)
    25. Agen Kolar
    26. Aayla Secura
    27. Commander Bly
    28. Count Dooku
    29. Padme (Leia Buns)
    30. Plo Koon (w/ robes)
    31. Clone Pilot
    32. Clone Trooper (Orange Utapau Armor)
    33. Owen Lars
    34. Beru Lars w/ Baby Luke
    35. Bail Organa w/ Baby Leia
    36. Nute Gunray
    37. Battle Droid
    38. Super Battle Droid
    39. Grievous' Bodyguard
    40. Padme (Blue Apartment Dress)
    41. Polis Massa Medical Droid
    42. Vader's Medical Droid
    43. FX-9
    44. Captain Antilles
    45. Zett Jukassa
    46.Tarkin
    47. Mas Amedda
    48. Clone Trooper (Red Shock Trooper)
    49. Queen Apailana
    50. Jedi Temple Assault Anakin (hood up)
    51. Destroyer Droid
    52. Neimoidian Warrior
    53. Royal Guard (red, w/ electro-staff)
    54. General Grievous (w/ removable soft goods cloak)
    55. Neimoidian Bridge Captain
    56. Commander Neyo (clone that kills Stass Allie)

What do you guys think??
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Re: What would you have done differently with the line?

super articulate the entire line and that would be fine with me.

Great list. I wish it were true
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

I might also add that I think they should make one of ever character in the movie before they change the cards and start reissueing ld figures them.

Quote Originally Posted by beckmen
    Great list. I wish it were true
    No worries here. I'm counting on Hasbro to produce AT LEAST three quarters of the new figures I listed.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I believe you hit the nail on the head with that list. I can't imagine bettering it. It has what everyone would want - the core characters - and good versions of the core characters which do not alienate any potential buyer with useless action features (and kids, despite what hasbro seems to think, are not turned off by figures that don't have jedi kick action). You have great army builders and an array of characters with lesser speaking/non-speaking roles in the film to beef the line out.

I notice you sacrificed senatorial types like Mon mothma, Ask Aak and the Calamari - presumably because they aren't in the theatrical cut and would be of no interest whatsoever to kids. A pity because they look to be good figures but they're an understandable omission. Figures like these would have been best to come in 2006.

Excellent list, other then the fact i feel they should go for more SOFT GOODS,and invest some time to make them good!

More ships. Bring back Action Fleet and Micro Machines. It will never happen, but god I miss having ships.

Space ships from a science fiction story? *gasp* Go figure!
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgack
    More ships. Bring back Action Fleet and Micro Machines. It will never happen, but god I miss having ships.

Space ships from a science fiction story? *gasp* Go figure!
    I'm with you. I want my AT-TE for my Gunner. I would also like Obi-Wan's 2nd Jedi Starfighter w/hyperspace ring.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

I like that figure list, especially the deletion of some of the senators and the inclusion of the clones with varied colored schemes. My suggestions would be more along the line of altering accessories.

I'd like a return to the packaging styles from EP1 and POTJ (minus that barf-green color) where we had the coffin blister instead of the card-wide one. I'd also like a return of the CTs, which were the best pack-ins, IMO. I'm still wanting a Hey Tow CT. I'd also like a card style like the vintage and OTC versions with either a picture of the character or a background that the character would be found in. A return to the older type of cardbacks with a more comprehensive list of released figures would be cool.

I'd throw in having more rigid accessories using the older type of plastic. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little bit of detail for the durability.

The last thing I'd change would be inclusion of figure stands with each figure. The last bit of Saga figures and all the OTC ones had a stand, which made it nice for those of use who think the specialty ones are too costly by mail. I'm glad that we're getting at least some of the figures (just C2?) with stands and that they're specialized (3PO and Padme with a Mustafar one, AT-TE gunner with one from Kashyyyk).

Oh yeah, bring back the mail-ins like the ones we had from POTF2.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas