Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: what would you think of...

I don't think Star Wars can ever totally abandon the 1/18th scale (Kenner's 3 3/4" original size is supposed to roughly correspond to this) because the cost of the many vehicles would be too expensive for Hasbro to consider, and vehicles are still an important part of the line (and in fact, were at 1 time was Hasbro's bread and butter, GI Joe:RAH figures were done in part to sell the vehicles, I submit that Kenner had similar considerations). The 1/6th-scale line (the 12" line) has had only a handful of vehicles and beasts in its decade-long run, and all of them were small vehicles and relatively-small beasts yet they still cost a lot of money and weren't that fun, a 1/12th-scale line (6") would make for great figures but even core vehicles like the X-wing would be prohibitively expensive, and consider how many vehicles that size or larger are in Star Wars.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: what would you think of...

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I don't think Star Wars can ever totally abandon the 1/18th scale (Kenner's 3 3/4" original size is supposed to roughly correspond to this) because the cost of the many vehicles would be too expensive for Hasbro to consider, and vehicles are still an important part of the line (and in fact, were at 1 time was Hasbro's bread and butter, GI Joe:RAH figures were done in part to sell the vehicles, I submit that Kenner had similar considerations). The 1/6th-scale line (the 12" line) has had only a handful of vehicles and beasts in its decade-long run, and all of them were small vehicles and relatively-small beasts yet they still cost a lot of money and weren't that fun, a 1/12th-scale line (6") would make for great figures but even core vehicles like the X-wing would be prohibitively expensive, and consider how many vehicles that size or larger are in Star Wars.
    Very good point JT. Could you imagine a 6" or 7" scaled Falcon? It would almost be as large as 4 of the 3" Falcons. And I could not imagine targeting a line like that at kids, especially with no core vehicles. They definitely need to keep the 3" line.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by sevboot View Post
    Something along the lines of DC Direct figures, not Marvel legends.
    I would love to have a cool, detailed Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Palpatine in this scale. Has anyone heard anything?
    No way this'll EVER happen. Nope. Nev-ah.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    No way this'll EVER happen. Nope. Nev-ah.
    Yeah, the day this happens is the day Disney buys the franchise. Fat chance that will ever happen.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Yeah, the day this happens is the day Disney buys the franchise. Fat chance that will ever happen.
    Lucas said, "this is the end; I've told the whole story," and "these are MY movies." So that won't ever happen, either.

Thread closed?

Maybe there can be some 6-inch figures to tie in when Marvel adapts Episode VII.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Maybe there can be some 6-inch figures to tie in when Marvel adapts Episode VII.
    Hey, wasn't Ulton's body seen in the Jawa sandcrawler or Ugnaught Cloud City scenes?