Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Jedi Starfighter!!! (link to Hasbro)

Here's a direct link to the photo!

http://starwars.hasbro.com/content_i...tarfighter.jpg

Wow...! Isn't THIS a treat??? Hasbro is loosening up the reins on the images!! Whoo-hoo!!!!

==========================
    okay... now, the more I look at it, how is it possible for an R2 unit to fit into the starfighter? It's like "here's an R2 head attached to the wing"! Hmmmm...
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 01-11-2002 at 09:46 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Not really... only THEY can post anything E2 related...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Cheap-azz Custards!!

Well... them and, I'm guessing, the official site (starwars.com).
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

It was hard to tell before, but seeing that the guns are directly under the droid, it is just a droid head. I was originally thinking there may be "just" enough space for a droid to slip in there, but this pic is definitely confirming the dome-only astromech.

If you saw the making of documentary segment 'wedgie 'em out' Doug Chiang says he tweaked with the design to make the droid just fit in there. It drops in from above somehow.

My theory is that as in the N1 starfighter, the droids head telescopes, there must be some kind of universal joint that allows the body to fold horizontal and slide inside the wing cavity. Either that or the body itself collapses on itself. This would mean that there's more than one type of R2 droid body used or this is an adapted type specifically modified for jedi use.

The toy version shows a feature that hasbro made up I reckon. In the sequences we've seen in the trailers there's no evidence of Obi using this feature. However, If the starfighter goes into 'attack' mode in the movie it would make sense though as it's a well used idea that in battle you show the least profile to minimise the amount of targetable surface. I'm sure BigBarada could elaborate on this for me. Him being in the US army.

I like the ship. it reminds me of the A-wing which is my favourite rebel ship. I still think the idea of the star destroyer being based on this tiny vessel is a daft idea though.

Nice. . . . Very nice.

It looks like a weird hybrid of an A-Wing, a Sith Infiltrator, and a Cruisemissile.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I still don't like the idea of a Jedi Starfighter of course. Although, pretty cool toy, looks kinda like the Sith Infiltrator in attack-mode.

On the N-1 starfighter, in some technical book or something, I think it was the cross-sections Episode 1 book but I'm not sure, it shows the inside of an N-1 with a droid in it and this is how it works:

The R2 unit gets lifted into the ship by the shoulders with arms that come down from the ship, after the droid is put into the ship, the head is seperated from the body while all the wires are still connected and then the head goes up to the top while the body is in it's own "work station" (I guess that's what it is) so it can work in protection but the head can still see all around.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I wish they would show us something we haven't seen...
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

If you carefully read the blip just released about the Jedi Starfighter, it says the ship is AUTHENTICALLY DETAILED IN FLIGHT MODE. Says nothing about the detailing in fight mode. I would think this would be a justified mistake made, like E1 flames on Sebulba's Pod and R2's rockets, at some early point the starfighter was going to attack the Slave 1, but the sequence was re-thunk and taken out/re-written.

While Obi-Wan doesn't attack Slave 1, towards the end of the film, there's strong rumors of a Jedi Starfighter/Droid Starfighter battle in the atmosphere of Geonosis.

It's possible that while in the rings of Geonosis, Jango knocks out the Starfighter's ability to convert, so Obi just has to rely on the Force and his wits until he can land.