Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Trivia

Re: Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    The drummer, Neil Peart, was taking flying lessons and apparently decided that the YYZ morris code had a good rhythm to it and worked it into an instrumental musical piece. Hence the name of the song as well as the opening rhythm.

i knew that but hadn't seen the question. don't you mean MORSE code though?
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    That is correct. "It's Raining Men" was Homer's favorite song/album.
    Hmm I stand corrected. I thought the exchange went something like:
    Moe: "There is a new song in the #1 slot on the jukebox"
    Hommer: "Its raining men?"
    Moe: "Not no more it ain't."

Or atleast it was something along those lines. I haven't sceen that episode in some time so I'll bow to those that have more Simpsons knowledge then me.

Quote Originally Posted by arctangent
    i knew that but hadn't seen the question. don't you mean MORSE code though?
    Oops. My internal spell check missed that one.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    I haven't sceen that episode in some time so I'll bow to those that have more Simpsons knowledge then me.
    I am shocked and disturbed. That was one of the funniest episodes, if not the funniest, in recent memory.

Other great lines include the classic "Something not right here. . . . I've got it! This gay bar doesn't have any peanuts!"

And don't forget Guy Incognito, possibly the funniest one-off character in the show's history.

Moe: "Beat it Homer!!"
    Guy Incognito: "Who is this Homer? My name is. . . Guy Incognito."
    (Guy Incognito is tossed onto the street.)
    Homer: "Hey! This guy looks just like me! Hey! This dog has a poofy tail!! Hee hee hee hee!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I am shocked and disturbed. That...
    ... you have gotten off-topic, Chuxter. There is not a single, mega-multiple post thread sized time in the history of mankind that you have ever participated in something that got off-topic. For shame. [I am rubbing my fingers toward you as Howl Hewzer, as I am sitting on the back of the Turnip Truck, right now]

Where's the trivia, people? I'll do one, an impossible one:

What former Mr. Coffee pitchman was mentioned in a Lemonheads song?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by BCJ
    What former Mr. Coffee pitchman was mentioned in a Lemonheads song?
    Joe DiMaggio was mentioned in their rendition of Simon and Garfunkel's "Mrs. Robinson". Coo coo ca choo!!

Who did Willy the New Guy replace in the Bloodhound Gang? (Counting the seconds til Rocketboy responds.....10...9...8... )
    Last edited by CaptainSolo1138; 07-01-2005 at 10:47 AM.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Thanks for editing as I wa sposting....jerk.
    It was Spanky G.

What 90's rock band began under the original name Mighy Joe Young, but had to change it during recording because an old blues singer named Joe Young decided to come out of retirement?
    Last edited by Rocketboy; 07-01-2005 at 10:53 AM.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Damn, dude. Six minutes?! You're slippin' in your old age.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    What 90's rock band began under the original name Mighy Joe Young, but had to change it during recording because an old blues singer named Joe Young decided to come out of retirement?
    I really don't know, but I'll guess Ugly Kid Joe (Songs of note: "I Hate Everything About You," remade "Cat's in the Cradle" I think).

BTW, Chuxter, I was kidding. I forgot to put smilies in my post, so I hope you weren't offended by my rash, insensitive comments. I will make up for it now:

'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I really don't know, but I'll guess Ugly Kid Joe (Songs of note: "I Hate Everything About You," remade "Cat's in the Cradle" I think).
    Nope, not UKJ. The band in question has talent (at least IMO).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!