Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trivia

Hybrid View

Trivia

Suprised no one started this yet. But Answer and ask, you know the deal. Heres a few:

1) Boomtown Rats wrote a song called I Dont Like Monday's. WHat is it referencing?

2) What group did Tu Pac start with?

3) What incident started Roger Waters in writing the Wall, and where did it occur?
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 06-01-2005 at 12:17 AM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Trivia

I'll take a stab at the one that I think I know......

#2) What group did Tu Pac start with?

Digital Underground? I know he can be seen in the video for "The Humpty Dance."

Jim Jam

COrrect Jim Jam
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I am bent about 3. I know the message of the wall and understand all of the images ect. but his insperation i dont know... Give a hint. Age he was when he wrote it perhaps.
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    3) What incident started Roger Waters in writing the Wall, and where did it occur?
    He spit in the face of a fan while on the Animals tour (called "In the Flesh" I believe). It happened in Montreal.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    He spit in the face of a fan while on the Animals tour (called "In the Flesh" I believe). It happened in Montreal.
    Was the fan giving him crap or something? Why did he go Axl Rose on this guy?

Jim Jam

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    Was the fan giving him crap or something? Why did he go Axl Rose on this guy?

Jim Jam
    As Roger tells the story, the young man was climbing up the netting that the band was using to symbolize a human cattle pen. This fan, while climbing was screaming out his devotion to the band (as most of the audience likely were). In the years since Dark Side Roger had grown increasingly frustrated with the audience and lack of respect that comes with going from a club band to a
    stadium band ("a walk on part in the war for a lead-role in a cage"). All that rage just boiled over and he spat in the guy's face. Roger said he felt shocked and appalled by his behavior afterwards. Hence the idea was born to build a wall on stage to symbolize the wall that he felt now separated the him (and the band) from the audience. The album then grew from that idea.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

'K, I couldn't remember the exact details, but here's my question:

What was the very Tolkien-esque name of Tyrannosaurus Rex's first "drummer"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    1) Boomtown Rats wrote a song called I Dont Like Monday's. WHat is it referencing?
    I don't know all the details, but there was a school shooting somewhere and, when questioned, the kid who did the shooting merely replied, "I don't like Mondays."
    Tommy, close your eyes.