Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well its a bit ROTS Action Fleety

Never seen this before.........

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3899633

Reminds me of the new Joyride Galactica AF type thingies.

& loads of them on Ebay (just BOUGHT ONE NOW)

BC3

Re: Well its a bit ROTS Action Fleety

if i'm not mistaken, this is a re-hash of the hasbro episode I dorid (star)fighter toy. actually three toys as three droid fighters were included)

originally this was released as a set of three droid starfighters. they are slightly larger than action fleet (and a lot flimsier i might add). the original episode I version came with three of them, which you could mount on a flying stand. the leader fighter in the formation would release a missle (which is obviously the one that is now included in the vulture fighter pack), and the other two would lose their wings when the proper button was pushed on the stand to simulate being blown out of the sky.

i had bought this set back in '99, cause i didn't really believe that an action fleet version of the droid fighter would ever be released. once the af version came out, the hasbro galoob wannabe version never returned to the play rotation.

i see that lots of folks are selling diferent color schemes of the vulture, calling them "rare variations" .

the only reason why i would buy the ship would be to get at the mm (hopefully) sized buzz droid.

bc3, let me know if the buzz droid is indeed worth getting.
    Last edited by good shot jansen; 06-01-2005 at 08:21 PM.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

will do amigo

BC3

These have been out for quite a while.

They are, indeed, the same mold as the center droid starfighter from the TPM set that were all the wrong color...

The only problem with the RotS vulture droid is that the eyes are green, not red, and the blue camoflague "stripes" go over the eyes so that they cover up some of the green.

I have two of these, and I painted the eyes red on both of them and they look infinately better.

The buzz droids that come with them are the same as the buzz droids that come with the Droid Tri-fighter, save that the bottom halves of their legs are a darker color than the rest. Otherwise they are exactly the same.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Theres two different Vulture Droids out. One is that with the camo stripes and the green eyes, the other has red eyes but I'm not sure if it kep tthe camo stripes or not.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The red-eyes variant is the same green paintjob as the original Ep 1 toy. On this deluxe set, the wings are on backwards for some reason, I dunno what that's about.

BTW, I was recently corrected on the Ep 1 Droid Fighters set as I too thought this was the middle one, in fact the middle one in that Hasbro set was the one that transformed, the outer 2 were the one we see here with the missile-launching feature, and there was 1 button on the trio-holder that set off the missiles and another that caused the outer 2 arms of the holder to fall down.

The Ep 1 Action Fleet Droid Fighter was vastly superior to all of these, it was far more solid and had a much better paintjob, and most importantly, it transformed CORRECTLY unlike the Ep 1 Hasbro middle one which had a cheap way of doing the legs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    On this deluxe set, the wings are on backwards for some reason, I dunno what that's about.
    Maybe they didn't want the customer to become depressed at the thought that the droid would be trying to fly away from the person looking at the packaging.

Or...since Hasbro's been beat with the whole "no hard plastic tips! wraa!" thing, maybe they reversed it so they wouldn't of had to rubberize the longer and 'more dangerous' tips?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Now I have to dig out the set to verify, but I do not believe there was any button on the Ep 1 droid fighter set that made the wings on the center droid fighter swing down.

Something like that MIGHT have made the set cool.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Lightbulb bc3: "Never seen this"

-Obviously you ain't been viewin my fashots, i've had pix of it up for a month

gsj: "if the buzz droid is indeed worth getting"
    -well i liked it enough to trade for one

So it's worth paying the $ for it or not ? I have the old TPM set of droid fighters and they are pretty cool but not as AF.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback