Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best Male Bassist Living....

My nod here goes to Peter Steele. He has an edge over Les Claypool simply because of his Versitiliy. Come on. how many people can play a standing string bass, hold it like an electric bass and make it sound that good... not many. Nodds also go to the Bassist for IN Flames, Mike Inez, Flee, Dude from Dimmu guy from KillswitchEngage and myself.
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...

Re: Best Male Bassist Living....

Peter Steele? Ugh, TON sucks IMHO. I'm not real familiar with bassists but it amazes me what Geddy Lee does between playing the bass, singing and the other electronic instruments. I also like Mike Inez from his Alice in Chains days and Cliff Burton from Metallica.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

That would be a hard one. I'm gonna say it would be a toss-up between Steve Harris, Flea, and Les Claypool.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    Cliff Burton from Metallica.
    Cliff hasn't been alive for almost 20 years my friend. Damn has it been that long already. If he was still alive and still hittin like he did back then, there would be no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstermile
    Cliff hasn't been alive for almost 20 years my friend. Damn has it been that long already. If he was still alive and still hittin like he did back then, there would be no contest.
    Agreed Cliff was the best ever.. His affrontive style just attacks at you like a Randy rhodes guitar solo. He brought the Bass to the forfront of the band, instead of cruzing in the back un-noticed. The dude from Fog Hat was pretty good by the way.
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...

Didya ever get a chance to see Cliff live Bossk?? He was a madman on stage. Incredible is all I can say. I'm glad I got a chance to see him perform before he died.

Les Claypool. Steve Harris a close call. i think Les was definitely influenced by Steve.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I find your lack of Lemmy disturbing.

The best simply because he could kick the *** of any bassist.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    I find your lack of Lemmy disturbing.

The best simply because he could kick the *** of any bassist.
    well said Fettfield. i will have to go with Lemmy to. but i also vote for Trevor Dunn.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Robert Trujillo ain't too shaby himself, although I find his facial expressions and "crab walk" to be rather strange. None the less he's a beast!

Also lets not forget about Geezer Butler of Sabbath! I'm not sure how he's doing now but I saw him in and the boys in Jan. 1999 and they impressed the heck out of me!

Jim Jam