Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DK's Star Wars visual dictionary

So has anyone else bought the DK "Star Wars Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary" book yet? I highly recommend the book because it gives some insight into various things shown in the movie like Clones, General Grievous, the Magna Guards, wookie weapons, R2's accessories etc. The book is easy to read and has lots of nice pictures too. All this info is packed into 64 pages. It should retail for around $20, and there are other versions: original trilogy, episode 1 (which i also have,) and episode two. Plus DK also has books (ot, ep 1, ep 2, and ep 3) that break down the interior of various ships seen in the flicks. These should all be available at fine bookstores near you, and if they aint got it make them get it.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Re: DK's Star Wars visual dictionary

Nope haven't purchased it but I did take a nice long and healthy look at it when I was at a Barnes and Noble recently!

Jim Jam

I've bought each one they've released so far. It would be nice the get individual ones for the OT though.

I picked up a copy at Target while hunting for a red guard. Loved it and didn't even know that others were made for other movies. I haven't read the book since I just picked it up two days ago and haven't got to it yet, but when I looked through it at the store, I had to have it.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.myspace.com/storetroopers"]www.myspace.com/storetroopers[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.caboodleforums.com"]www.caboodleforums.com[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Caboodle is a anything goes forum page, we could use some good forum topic starters if anyone is interested.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=System][SIZE=4]$6.99 for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure, with so many Star Wars collectors paying this kind of scratch for one figure and the cost of gas for driving from store to store, I can see why our econmy is in a slump![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

Yes, I have both the VisDic and the XSections book for EpIII. I'm planning on filling out my collection of these, as well as the (seemingly harder to find) "Worlds of SW" books as well - same publisher, same large hardcover layout, silver in color.

I'm very happy with all of them, but particularly the Visual Dictionaries. I only have EpI and III, but would gladly buy up the EpII and OT ones were I to find them on a shopping trip.

Also, of note, they tend to go on sale. My EpI books I got for less that $10 total on ebay, and my mom got me the EpIII books for my birthday at nearly 50% off from Costco.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yes, to do tend to seem to hit the discount racks, i got the episode 1 book for $5. But they are such awesome books that i really dont mind paying the full price for them. Around here there is a Walmart that still has an AOTC book, im hoping to pick it up sometime this weekend, i just need to work my way up there.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

The Visual Dictionaries are great books. I have them all. Good refrences for props and costumes.

*I noticed in the ROTS they left out Anakin's NEW Lightsaber.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    Yes, I have both the VisDic and the XSections book for EpIII. I'm planning on filling out my collection of these, as well as the (seemingly harder to find) "Worlds of SW" books as well - same publisher, same large hardcover layout, silver in color.
    They're going to be releasing "The Worlds of the Star Wars Saga" this fall. It's the individual prequel books and the OT book all together in one volume. I believe the report on this was at starwars.com
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I'm asking for a copy for my birthday.

I picked up my copy over a month ago and I like it especially condenses everything you need to know about the movie in visual form, and in bite size chunks. For those of us who don't have the patience to read long novels (sci-fi at least) I think this is the perfect book to read.

Yes, both the Episode I and Episode II visual dictionaries were sold for $5 about a year or two after each respective movie's release. In fact, aside from "Revenge of the Sith." The previous 3 DK books (Original Trilogy, Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones) I got all for $4.99 apiece.

What's even more detalied are the related books "Incredible Cross Sections" and the book that goes up close and personal with the various planets of the Star Wars world.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.