Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something wrong with this picture...

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo....s/4528-006.jpg

Go first to the link and view the pic. Notice anything wrong???

He has no legs!!! (Or hands for that matter.) It looks like a shell of obi-wan...

Very strange. Either it is like that or someone was playing around with Photoshop...

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Re: Something wrong with this picture...

Sure, here you go. (See attachment)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Legless_Obi-wan.gif 
Views:	99 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	11377  
    Move along, move along

That's either :
    A) A mock-up
    B) Boredom and a Photoshop proram
    C) The worst way possible to make him fit in his starfighter
    Last edited by CaptainSolo1138; 06-02-2005 at 11:45 AM.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

There's legs...on the first pic linked, you can see the inside edge of the boot of his left foot, and the bottom of the boot of his right foot. It's just that his tunic "flaps" extend past his legs toward the center of his body, and with the cloak hiding his legs, it gives that illusion...

you can see the right boot showing at the bottom of the robe. Obi-Wan has legs, they are just covered by the robe. but i doubt the figure will fit in his star ship with the robe on.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

The "shell" is just the Jedi Robes (Similar to the Phantom Menace Mace Windu and a couple of others). From the looks of it, the Robes are removable, and thar be full articulation underneath.

Frankly, I'd prefer the EpI Quigon-style jedi robes (Plastic "cape" portion, molded sleeves) of the Jedi Robes, but seeing as how this may be the FIRST basic obi-wan to look anything like him, it still looks like a great figure.
    Obi-Wan: "I sense a trap..."

Anakin: "Our next move?"

Obi-Wan: "SPRING the trap!"

I think it rules. I love how the cloak looks, very film-acurate IMO. It is a pity he can't fit into his ship with the cloak on, but oh well at least he'll be a good Obi-Wan Jedi Robes figure. I also like how the headset is removable. Looking forward to this one.
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

Another argument for soft goods. His tunic should have been cloth, at least from the waist down. Nice removable cloak there.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I agree the figure looks very nice. I got sick of waiting for a figure that will actually fit in a starfighter so I bought the delux Obi, and Super Battle Droid, then cut the pole off and cut the block between his feet, it looks kind of junky out of the fighter, but inside it looks pretty nice. I'll proboly just keep that figure in there and steal the headset off the new one when it comes out.