Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gift packs (good idea? bad idea? - see possible sets in thread)

World gift packs:

Now that we have the Evolutions line, how about another something we haven’t seen before, or something close to what we’ve seen before.

How about packs of figures from specific worlds. Only a rare few major characters or some minor characters, but mostly just characters specific to that planet/ship/dDeath Star. Also, either a small creature or ship can be included. For this exercise the ship or creature will be listed last for each specific entry.
    I realize that these are similar to the 4 packs we’ve already had in the past, so you can think of it as either a continuation of that line, but in new packaging, or something entirely different. (Your perspective)

Here are some examples:
    (NOTE: don’t worry about which sculpt is to be used, this is just a brainstroming session that will be passed along to Hasbro) Each set includes 3 figures and some type of small ship/beast or other larger accessory

OT:
    SW:
    Tatooine:

Jawa, Tusken Raider, Sandtrooper, Eopie (I don’t know too many people that have this beast)
    Death Star:
    Stormtrooper, General Tagge, Death Star Squad Commander, Dianoga
    Yavin IV:
    Rebel Technician/Driver, Rebel Guard (as seen just outside of the Medal scene), Rebel General (not Dodonna), Cart for driver!

ESB:
    Hoth:

Major Derlin (He needs a fig), Torryn Farr (“Stand by Ion control, FIRE”), Snowtrooper (SA!), NEW Probot
    Bespin:
    Bespin Guard (Black), Lobot, Ugnaught, Twin Pod Cloud Car
    Dagobah doesn’t have many chioces so it would be passed over.
    Medical Frigate:
    Luke-medical gown, Leia white gown with new hairstyle, 2-1B new sculpt, Medical Table (this would be the larger pack-in)

ROTJ:
    Endor:

NEW Biker Scout (SA), Ewok w/wokling, Endor Rebel trooper (SA), Ewok Catapault
    Death Star II:
    Moff Jerjerrod (“We shall double our efforts”), Vader, Emperor, (Hell, make something up for the pack-in, even just a repaint of the Cart from the Yavin set would be fine, and Hasbro could save money that way.)

Prequels:
    TPM

Naboo has been done rather nicely, so I’m skipping it.
    Tatooine:
    Fruit Market seller (the old lady), Kitster, Wald, Market Stand (This is the pack-in)
    Coruscant:
    Padme-Geisha outfit as seen in Senator Palatine’s office, Variant Handmaiden, Valorum’s other aide (the oriental lady), Senate Pod!
    AOTC:
    Coruscant
    :
    Corde, Hemione Bagwa (Dex’s other Waitress), Jocasta Nu (Jedi Librarian)
    Tatooine:
    Padme (hippie outfit at Lars Homestead), Cliegg Lars (on hover chair of course), Rickshaw droid w/ Rickshaw!
    Geonosis:
    SA Jango Fett (Like the Boba from the VOTC line), SA Clone, Dooku’s Pilot droid, Solar Sailor!

ROTS:
    Invisible Hand (Grievous Ship):

Security Battle Droid, Pilot Battle Droid, Neimoidian bridge Captain, Grievous Escape Pod
    Utapau:
    Commander Cody, Cody Grunt, Paun ship refueler, Tarradactyl
    Kashyyyk:
    Commander Gree, SA Camo Scout Clone, Commander Battle Droid, Snail Tank! (or Yoda Escape Pod)
    Felucia:
    Aayla Secura, Commander Bly, Bly Grunt, AT-TP
    Mygeeto:
    Correct Commander Baccarra, Snow-Clone, Ki-Adi Mundi, Spider-like droid but with tall neck (seen on bridge and in Clone Wars cartoon)
    Mustafar:
    Lava Droid (Anakin lands on him to fight Obi-wan over river of Lava), Po Nudo (Aqualish Seperatist), Tikkes (IIRC, Quarren Seperatist), Obi’s Lava Platform
    Polis Massa:
    Fat Polis Massan, Padme with Twins, “Cooing” Nurse droid, “Doctor” droid, Medical Table (this has an extra fig, because all of the figs in this set are small as well as the pack-in.
    Coruscant Medical Facility:
    2-1b, Shocktrooper, FX-9, Burnt Vader w/medical capsule

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Re: Gift packs (good idea? bad idea? - see possible sets in thread)

Those all sound great but I would like to see a Dagobah set

1. Yoda with soft good tunic and robe

2. Luke (SA , good head sculpt please!!) with dirty Bepsin jumpsuit

3. Vader with cracked face plate (revealing luke's face)

All would be packaged with Yoda's hut including pot of stew and the blanket he curls up under in ROTJ

I would also like a Naboo invasion set with a good battle droid commander, hologram versions of Nute and Rune, and the pack in could be a new improved STAP or some along those lines. This would really be sweet if they came in diorama packages like the OTC and Saga ships did.
    "For I am Palpatine, king of all I see,
    but I don't see enough
    that's the problem with me."

That's what I was thinking. Diorama mini sets. Each set would have a window to look in on it with a hi-res picture in the background depciting a scene on the planet/ship they are from.
    Move along, move along

great ideas, anything to get some of the gak or ships that you see in the films. i would like to have the 'board room' and chairs on the death star , so darth can say ..for your lack of faith...'your fired!'(commence chock hold)
    later

How about an empire set. You could put a Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Bikerscout, and Sandtrooper. Make them all super articulated.

Or maybe a set with Tie Fighter pilot, at-at driver, at-st driver, maybe a backround of a star cruiser hanger.

How about a set with Vader choking Captain Antilles, with a couple of stormtroopers. Make it so vader can actually hold Antilles up off the ground.

I like the idea and I would add Dagobah to ESB and Kamino for AOTC, they would be great collectibles.
    [SIGNATURE]

TPM

Coruscant:
    Handmaiden, Senator Palpatine (new Sculpt) Queen Amidala (new Sculpt) Captain Panka (New Sculpt) Senate Pod

Naboo:
    Battle Damaged Qui Gon Jinn, Obi Wan Kenobi (New sculpt) , Darth Maul (new sculpt), Theed Generator complex

AOTC

Coruscant Night Club:
    Anakin Skywalker (new sculpt, neutral pose), Bar patrons/droids random charcaters. bar pieces can be the pack in

ROTS

Battle on Utapau
    Commander Cody with holo sidious, Clone Trooper, Destroyer Droid, IG-1000 magnadroid, Crab Droid

ANH

Death Star Conference
    General Tagge, Grand Moff Tarkin, randon Imperial Officer, Conference table with chairs

ESB

Battle of Hoth
    Major Derlin, Hoth trooper (new sculpt), rebel commander with binoculers (says echo station 3ta we have spotted imperial walkers) updated turret and Probe Droid Playset

ROTJ
    Rebel Briefing
    Admiral Ackbar (new sculpt), random rebel commander, random rebel pilot large display with the moon of endor and a smaller death star hologram.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spoon
    Those all sound great but I would like to see a Dagobah set

1. Yoda with soft good tunic and robe

2. Luke (SA , good head sculpt please!!) with dirty Bepsin jumpsuit

3. Vader with cracked face plate (revealing luke's face)

All would be packaged with Yoda's hut including pot of stew and the blanket he curls up under in ROTJ
    Yoda's hut needs to be a re-release of the Dagobah playset, but a better version. For the monster pack-in on this one, they could include the thing in the swamp that ate R2.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

Heck I would go for this. Nice way to get some of the unmade figs and resculpts out there. Jabbas Palce and Cantina would be awesome, could make 2 or 3 each of those
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten