Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: Hasbro needs to release this canceled Destroyer Droid.

That looks really, really sweet.

Any Droideka other than this gimmick-laden POS on the pegs now would be welcome. I was discussing this with a friend the other day, and we came to the conclusion that the next Droideka figure should also come with a clear plastic force field, the way so many of them appear in the film.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid
    I agree. The TPM DD remains the best to date. No crappy gimmicks, forearms in correct position and nearly folds up to a ball to roll.

I never really army built these, btu I'm glad I have the dozen or so that I have. I can spread them out a little between dioramas of the prequels. Guess I'll be hunting these down for cheap at conventions and such.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    I never really army built these, btu I'm glad I have the dozen or so that I have.
    "I never army built these" in the same sentence as "the dozen or so that I have"? I guess we have different notions of what constitutes "army building," Sal.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think they need to scrap all the Destroyer Droid molds and start over, even this one (which I believe is from that cancelled 2pack where he fights Jar Jar or something) has an exaggerated middle eye and the arms appear too long. It would be nice to get a fully-transforming Destroyer with a removable shield accessory, I'd pay $10 if it was that good. I am sick of paying $5 and $6 for crappy ones though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    It would be nice to get a fully-transforming Destroyer with a removable shield accessory, I'd pay $10 if it was that good. I am sick of paying $5 and $6 for crappy ones though.
    I totally agree. I would love a Droideka that could actually roll into battle.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

Quote Originally Posted by trandoshan666
    I totally agree. I would love a Droideka that could actually roll into battle.
    didn't the theed playset come with a DD that rolled into a ball? i never got the playset, so i don't know how the quality of it was.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    "I never army built these" in the same sentence as "the dozen or so that I have"? I guess we have different notions of what constitutes "army building," Sal.
    Heh heh, I guess so. For me, I'd guesstimate that it doesn't constitute an army unless I have at least 20-25 of a specific character. So a dozen doesn't cover it. Especially now that I'll have to spread them over 3 movies and multiple scenes. Thankfully, I have about 6 of the battle damaged ones, that will do for the Geonosis Arena scene.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by darko666
    didn't the theed playset come with a DD that rolled into a ball? i never got the playset, so i don't know how the quality of it was.
    I didn't get it either. Could someone who did buy the Theed playset shed some light on this one?
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

It was permanently in ball form, and way too small.
    Tommy, close your eyes.