Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Mustafar Playset

Finally saw these at TRU today, so I bought one. I opened it up and put it together. The figures appear to be unique to this set as far as I know. Only 6 basic points of articulation though - arms, legs, head and waist. I think Obi-Wan's face is a better likeness than the two carded versions. Vader has his mouth open and if you raise his arms up, it looks like he is doing some sort of monster impression.

The playset itself doesn't impress me too much. It has a place to attach the Deluxe Vader on table, so perhaps I'll put it there when I open it. I don't have the Battle Arenas, but they can attach to it as well. For me, it will mainly be a place to display some figures in a movie setting.

Re: Mustafar Playset

Ive yet to get it, but im hoping Hasbro will produce another base that can be attached to it, one that blends in with it better than any of the Battle Arenas currently do. Plus it would give it the ability to hold more characters, whether they be the upcoming Mustafar flea rider or the Separatist leaders and Neimodian sentries.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I saw this at TRU for the first time today as well. It looked better in person than the pictures I had seen online but I still passed. I was surprised that the figures looked halfway decent too considering the pack-ins with playsets are notorious for being pretty cheap looking, remember the Bespin Guard with the Carbon Freezing Chamber, nuff said.

I think what could have made this playset really cool would've been the ability to connect more than one of them together, forming a larger Mustafar play area. Thats really my main problem with Hasbro's playsets, their just to small for my tastes. At least with the Geonosis Arena you could buy multiples to form a more movie accurate looking arena. I picked up a couple extra of those sets when they were on clearance for my arena diorama and it turned out looking pretty nice.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I've never understood why all the hatred toward the Bespin Guard that came with the Carbon Freezing Chamber set. Not a great figure, but decent for a pack in. He has as much articulation as the two with this Mustafar playset and he looks different from the POTJ version of the Guard.

You want bad Pack-ins? What about the TPM Playset pack-ins. The Battle Droid for Theed Generator Complex wasn't bad, but the Qui-Gon and BD for the Hanger were horrible. The other day I finally took it out on my Qui-Gon and gave him some "defeated" damage by sticking a red-hot nail through his chest! Yeah, I guess most of the pack-in figs have been horrible, but pilots for vehicles pre-ROTS were good, weren't they?
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

Picked mine up yesterday, and it's alright - the two platforms that come off the back make the overall size of the playset a little awkward, and challenging to place in a room. The two battle disks that sit on top of a plume of lava don't make much sense to me, either.

My biggest gripe is that the playset ought to have included some sort of control room to put the Separatist leaders into, maybe behind the set in the place Vader's operating table connects to. Why would you want his table connected to a Mustafar playset when he got the operation on Coruscant?
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

The thing is guys we are just too old to like these kid geared playsets. The price point says it all.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    The thing is guys we are just too old to like these kid geared playsets. The price point says it all.
    Said one toy collector to another.

I'm looking forward to this one but I haven't seen it yet.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgack
    Picked mine up yesterday, and it's alright - the two platforms that come off the back make the overall size of the playset a little awkward, and challenging to place in a room. The two battle disks that sit on top of a plume of lava don't make much sense to me, either.
    Mine is on the carpet in my living room and it seems that those two platforms sticking out kind of tilt the set a bit. Maybe it would stay more level on a harder surface. I'm guessing that the two battle disks on the lava are a loose interpretation of when they were floating down the river of lava on top of small metal platforms.

I still haven't seen one yet. Much like Haley's comet, I don't plan on buying it, but it'd be neat to see it at least once.

And I agree with all above, Hasbro puts about %2.5 work into it's packed in figures.

Sy Snootles lip synchs