Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions on MR Minis?

Well, I am thinking of starting to pick these up. (Ordered the Collectors Kit). Does anyone have an opinion on these? I think that they look nice, but I haven't picked any up and physically held them or looked at them for along time. I live in Chicago in a Condo so space is limited, as is money. This, I think would be a nice way to have a little section for Star Wars.

Re: Opinions on MR Minis?

I have 2 of these minis and they are nice. If space and money are an issue these are great. Be warned that once you start it will be hard to stop. I picked up a Anakin ATOC LE fullsize just to have a nice piece to display and now have a whole lot more.
    F the Fat Man!

I started with the Best Buy Sidious black mini. I wasn't too impressed with it. Went into Hastings yesterday and they had a bunch of Mini's. Thing was is that all of them were opened. Much to my delight I picked up a gold chase Vader. Thinking about picking up some other regular ones today. The Vader and Obi-Wan minis are a little bigger with more detail. I haven't seen the Maul or Dooku sabers yet. The Yoda one is kinda plain. There were lots of those.

I think they are a waste...they are not lifelike...they are not life size...they have little detail and worst of all you are paying $30 + dollars for something that is smaller and has less detail than a tube of chapstick...I agree with the other fellow...I picked up an LE Obi Wan and now I have 8. Yes they cost a heck of a lot but it is so better than looking at a mini lightsaber that looks like it only cost 50 cents out of a gum ball machine. Save and invest wisely in the LE models and you will be thankful for it. That is just my two cents on why I do not like the minis. Plus your dog or cat could not swallow a LE whole like the minis.

Welcome to prop/replica collecting Sentinel18725. If you're on a $ and space budget then its probably the way to go. Its a tough call.

Although I do own a few, I actually dont collect the minis. I collect the full-sized props. Yes it does cost a ton but when you get one -you know where the money and quality goes. I designed a budgeting system so that when I buy a replica I dont take too much of a financial hit.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

me and Jayspawn think alike! I too have a budgeting system where if a Replica comes out I shift funds around and maybe skimp a little on a car payment or two (I always over pay) to afford them. Brad Pitt's character said it best in "Fight Club." - "The things you own end up owning you."

Budgeting is only part of the problem. The big problem is everything overrunning my one bedroom Condo. Gotta get me a promotion so that I can afford something a little larger. Anyways, bought a mini and it's a little better than OK. I think these and the Code 3 sculpted posters will be good for a small little section. So, Master Replicas, here I am!!!!

Well,

I am new on this forum, and I can tell you this:

I bought all these on one punch:

SW Episode III Anakin Skywalker 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    SW Episode III Darth Tyranus 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Damaged Darth Maul 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Luke Skywalker 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Darth Vader 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    SW Episode III Yoda 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    SW Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    SW Episode III Darth Sidious 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Obi-Wan Kenobi 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Count Dooku 1:2 Scale Saber Replica

With the money I spent on them, I can get 3 FX saber or 1 LE, but in my case, I prefered to get the complete collection.

I bought just the originals models, not the gold or other versions, because I think I need to have the same models as in the movies.

It is up to you, It depends on the space you have to show them, the money you want to spend on them, and your preference on minis or LE.

Now, as I know, If I am wrong, please tell me, The only missing model for me is the Complete Darth Maul, so it is my next step.

On the other hand, I got:
    Kotobukiya Yoda Model Kit
    Kotobukiya Darth Vader #2 Model Kit
    So I am thinking to get all the models of this statues as my next step of my collection.
    Unfortunately, I can not get nothing about SW before, So I am looking for the better things for me as collectibles at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Skywalker
    Well,

I am new on this forum, and I can tell you this:

I bought all these on one punch:

SW Episode III Anakin Skywalker 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    SW Episode III Darth Tyranus 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Damaged Darth Maul 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Luke Skywalker 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Darth Vader 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    SW Episode III Yoda 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    SW Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    SW Episode III Darth Sidious 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Obi-Wan Kenobi 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Count Dooku 1:2 Scale Saber Replica

With the money I spent on them, I can get 3 FX saber or 1 LE, but in my case, I prefered to get the complete collection.

I bought just the originals models, not the gold or other versions, because I think I need to have the same models as in the movies.

It is up to you, It depends on the space you have to show them, the money you want to spend on them, and your preference on minis or LE.

Now, as I know, If I am wrong, please tell me, The only missing model for me is the Complete Darth Maul, so it is my next step.

On the other hand, I got:
    Kotobukiya Yoda Model Kit
    Kotobukiya Darth Vader #2 Model Kit
    So I am thinking to get all the models of this statues as my next step of my collection.
    Unfortunately, I can not get nothing about SW before, So I am looking for the better things for me as collectibles at this moment.

No, I beleive you are still missing a few.

Mace Windu Ep II
    Obi Wan Ep II
    Darth Vader Ep III

as well as the Full size Maul mini.

OH !!! yes ....

The Mace Windu, I already have it and I forgot to include it on the list.
    About Obi Wan EpII, is this the EE version? If this is correct, it is the one mentioned on the list as Obi-Wan Kenobi 1:2 Scale Saber Replica
    Darth Vader Ep III - Yes, I am missing that one as the full size of Darth Maul mini.