Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Distribution: My Sincere Gratitude

I just went to Wal Mart to get something to eat, and I decided to check to see if the Clone Trooper three packs were in. They weren't, but something else was. I just saw a sea of SA Clone Troopers! How many? I find that to try to quantify such beauty steals from the wonder, so I didn't even try to count. I just stood back and smiled. Even scalpers (someone's been snatching up clones in my town) would have a hard time putting a dent in this plethora. Thanks to whomever for deciding distribution on these would be so great!

I had one problem: I could only afford two until I get paid!
    Last edited by Phantom-like Menace; 06-10-2005 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Anal rententive typo correction

Re: Distribution: My Sincere Gratitude

Well if there was such a vast quantity at your particular walmart it may have been at the expense of stores elsewhere in which case distribution is still crap and you just got very lucky. Or maybe someone intelligent got a job at Hasbro. But anyway that sounds delightful, do your best to deprive those would-be scalpers and build yourself an army (even if normal white clones were scarcely seen in the film).

It's always possible it was a fluke, but just a couple of days later, I found a similar situation at Toys R Us. There weren't nearly as many, but there was still a substantial number. When the SA clone for Episode II came out, I found two of them in stores, but I only got one, since I really wanted Secret Ceremony Anakin. I've regretted that decision for years now.

I restricted myself in purchasing one clone a day (after the first two), so I could let others in the area share the wealth, but I've got seven of the SA clones, and picked up a couple more #6 clones.
    Last edited by Phantom-like Menace; 06-29-2005 at 11:44 PM. Reason: I'm just so special.

I found 9 SA clones at WM last week. I didnt have enough for all of them, so I stuck 7 on lay-a-way. You could always do that to hold them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I found 9 SA clones at WM last week. I didnt have enough for all of them, so I stuck 7 on lay-a-way. You could always do that to hold them.
    That's what I've been doing of late (putting them on layaway). The other day I found 6 #41 clones and 3 #6 clones. I put them all on layway. Next day, I just happened to go back to WM (needed something non SW related). I checked the aisle for the heck of it and found 3 more #41 and 1 more #6. I bough those outright.

Hmm with the propect of all the other clones/3 and 5 packs coming out, we will be swimming in them!

Here's a list of all of the official clones in the 3 3/4 scale that Hasbro has or will put out by years end:
    #6 Basic Clone
    Clone Commander
    Clone Pilot
    #41 Basic Clone
    Commander Bacara
    Deluxe Clone w/jet pack
    3-pack clones (all white)
    3-pack clones (with rust standing, others white)
    3-pack clones (with green kneeing, others white)
    3-pack clones (with blue prone, others white)
    3-pack clones (all three color clones-this set has only been rumored, but there has been a picture that surfaced on the net)
    *3-pack clones (Utapau clones)
    *3-pack clones (Blue Clones-Jedi Temple Assualt)
    *3-pack clones (Shocktroopers-Palpatines Red Pinstriped Senate clones)
    *5-pack of clones (with Blue Commander and 4 gray shoulder grunts)
    Evolution trooper pack (I'm only counting the yellow ROTS clone for this purpose though)

NOTE the one's with an "*" are speculation as to articulation at this time-could be standard 3-packs as we've been getting OR (and the hopes of many) all SA clones.

That's a crap load of clones!!! That's 33-36 clones (depending on if the all color version of the 3-pack is real or not)
    This is a most excellent time to be an Army builder! Excuse me for saying a kid Anakin "Yippee"...

-Sal
    Move along, move along

And it happened again. They are not quite as numerous as last time, but I went by the toy section to see if I could get lucky on Bacara, and Wal Mart had at least three dozen clone troopers, both #41 and #6.

thats the one good thing about my TRU, its always packed on # 41 clones. Im not an army builder, but Ive gotten a few.

You know what would be great? If I could go to the store and find any of the post-#44 figures that have been out for the past few weeks. But alas, all I can find are endless pegwarmers and horribly mangled cards and bubbles in the overflow bins. Distribution should be smooth and clean, not hit-n-miss and start-n-stop the way this line has been. There are so many damn Neimoidian Warriors because of all the people who wanted the #41 SA Clone that some Targets have literally NOTHING else on their shelves for basic figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    You know what would be great? If I could go to the store and find any of the post-#44 figures that have been out for the past few weeks. But alas, all I can find are endless pegwarmers and horribly mangled cards and bubbles in the overflow bins. Distribution should be smooth and clean, not hit-n-miss and start-n-stop the way this line has been. There are so many damn Neimoidian Warriors because of all the people who wanted the #41 SA Clone that some Targets have literally NOTHING else on their shelves for basic figures.
    It's the SAME way on the other side of the USA.
    According to stores in eastern Pennsylvania, August will be a big month for Kmart, Walmart, and Target to start pushing SW for the Christmas run.
    TRU however is awash in TOO MUCH PEGWARMING SW TOYS that other than exclusives, we won't see much out here.
    When I netsurfed tonight and saw reports of now the #54-56/Wave 6 cases making it out and the 3 new clone repaints, well, now I'm just getting as annoyed with the hobby as I was before ROTS came along.
    There comes a point where one walks away from frustration.
    If August isn't the big fix, NE PA collectors have a LOT of other lines and interests to spend $$$ on-that's where retail and Hasbro combined DON'T get it. That's where online retailers who OVERCHARGE on new SW stuff DON'T gte it.

If enough folks get cheesed off but GOOD with the current HORRIBLE distribution, the hobby is gonna see HUGE losses of fans.
    I only hope that the good will collectors seem to have gained in the past 3 1/2 months keeps up.
    Distribution: My Sincere Gratitude....I had that until the past month, where everything turned into the BAD post Ep1 days around my neck of the woods.

I was talking about this with a fellow collector, Brotha James tonight. With Kung Fu Hustle, Sin City, and a lot of other DVDs coming out, I'm less inclined to waste my time & $$$ on a hobby that is really junkin on fans. I'd rather get my kicks a whole lot easier. Now that this is getting to be work again, instead of fun, it's time to lay back and not care so much...I guess....

Actually in my area there are usually only a couple Neimoidian Warriors, not that much, there are however plenty of Bails and Palpatines. Everything else seems to sell ok.