Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Which FX saber should I get first?

Quote Originally Posted by knightone
    Windu used the same saber in Ep3 as in Ep2.
    ... Well, I think I'll get Mace Windu's saber and Anakins at first. As soon as there's an announcment for an updated Windu saber, I can sell that one on Ebay for a ton of $$$. I'll get Vader's ESB saber soon enough, as it sounds like it will be around for a while.

I'm sure Amy can shed some light on this BUT I believe that they are only REissueing the Mace Windu FX. I've heard that it will be the same as before except it will be in the ROTS packaging. Either way, I'm getting the Windu FX. The design is BEAUTIFUL and I can live with a pink/purple blade.

Oh I know it is the same saber, just re-issued, all the same this might be the best FX version of Mace's saber ever. And since he is the only character to ever have a purple saber, that makes it all the more unique, even with an imperfect blade. And yes, Mace has the coolest saber hilt(I heard Sam Jackson got to choose his saber, no doubt he requested purple, as it hadn't before been seen). And it's going to be re-issued in a very limited way, so I'm jumping at the chance to get it. If a better version comes out, the current one will be worth a fortune on Ebay by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    However, the Vader FX saber referred to in the other post IS out of production. That was the initial release--the Episode IV Darth Vader lightsaber.
    I know there's a difference, that's why I said the NEW Vader saber just started production. I'm not trying to be rude, but how could you tell which Vader FX saber he was referring to? I took "I'm just not sure if I want to get Mace Windu's saber, or Vaders 1st" as which one he wanted to buy before the other, not that he was deciding between Windu's and Vader's first saber, I assumed that because of what he said right before that, "Especially with the new features, and more realistic feel(not so bulky) from what I've heard" which obviously isn't a reference to the ANH Vader saber.

Quote Originally Posted by knightone
    The Luke ESB and the Vader ANH sabers ended their run early this year, so you can still find them on the good ole' interweb for somewhat decent prices if you look around.
    The interweb? Is that a reference to the SSC and its celebrity adventurer endorsers?

AS far as the Mace saber, i hope they do eventually make a new one. As far as the blade goes, it depends on how much of a stickler you are. It's nowhere near perfect, but if you don't mind a little splotchiness, you'll like it. Some collectors/fans are just more anal about such things.
    For me, the issue is entirely about that weird color, it's not really purple, it's more of a lavender blue color. It looks VERY odd to me.

The Vader ANH is the older, larger six battery type and the ESB is the newer, thinner 3 battery type. It also, of course, differs slightly in cosmetics.
    I have the Vader ANH, it only has one crash sound, a friend of mine says the ESB model has multiple like the Luke ESB. Also, the Vader ESB supposedly has a better swing-sensor, the ANH version is ok but definitely not as good as the Luke ESB which is older than the Vader ESB.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I know there's a difference, that's why I said the NEW Vader saber just started production. I'm not trying to be rude, but how could you tell which Vader FX saber he was referring to? I took "I'm just not sure if I want to get Mace Windu's saber, or Vaders 1st"
    Correct, at the time of that post, I didn't know there were two types of Vader's saber.

To answer some general questions, yes Sam Jackson did specifically request purple as his lgiht saber color. And yes, the "interweb" is a reference to the SSC.

For anyone who hasn't herd, MR is going to release a redesigned Luke ROTJ FX saber this fall. It will use an LED blade and not the original EL blade. No other official word as to any other redesigned elements, but some have said that it will be a skinnier three battery hilt.

There is, however, a catch. It is supposedly going to be an UK exclusive with only one US retailer getting to sell it here in the States. Nothing is confirmed yet, but MR did say these will only be available in limted numbers. So far, it sounds like it could shape up to be a very hairy situation for us collectors to get these (at least at resaonable prices).

Well, I don't really want to make a big deal out of this as MR has yet to give full information about what the exact deal is. But, as I always say, hope for the best and plan for the worst. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we won't have to hunt till we drop or sell our kidneys to get one (or several ) of these things.

BTW, this saber is tentatively set to ship in October or November and the Obi-Wan FX has been pushed back to sometime in 2006.

geez if they're redesigning the ROTJ Luke maybe i'm better off selling the first one? its going for several hundred on Ebay

Unless you want to keep it for nostalgic value, however im sure the new version will be much more functional in that sense.

Update on the Luke ROTJ FX: A reliable source has revealed that the Luke ROTJ saber may end up being a Borders exclusive here in the US.