Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

ROTS newer waves not slowing down (harder to find) - more figures than ever before!

The fact that we have 47 figures out less than 1 month after the movie is nothing to complain about!

Epsiode One: 18 initial for MM. 5 more by June or maybe 9 more total by July:

Nute, Rune, R2, Yoda, Destroyer, Naboo Jedi, Tatooine Maul, Senate Queen.

It was definitely July or so when Tarpals, Ody Mandrell, OOM-9, and later Adi Gallia hit. Because it was a close to Back-To-School sale (must've been August) that I saved big bucks on Panaka and Naboo Royal Security when those finally came out. (TPM's # 48-49)

So I'd say in the first month, TPM still had only

1. Qui-Gon
    2. Obi-Wan
    3. Anakin
    4. JarJar
    5. Darth Maul
    6. Battle Droid
    7. Padme Tatooine
    8. Queen Amidala (Hanger Battle)
    -----------------------------
    9. C-3PO
    10. Watto
    11. Ric Olee
    12. Darth Sidious
    13. Senator Palpatine
    ---------------------------
    14. Mace Windu
    15. Ki Adi Mundi
    16. Boss Nass
    17. Chancellor Valorum
    18. Gasgano Podracer
    -------------------------
    19. Qui-Gon Naboo
    20. Obi-Wan Naboo
    21. Darth Maul Tatooine
    22. Queen Senate
    ------------------------
    23. R2D2
    24. Nute Gunray
    25. Rune Haako
    26. Destroyer Droid
    27. Yoda
    ----------------------
    28. Capt. Tarpals
    29. OOM-9
    30. Ody Mandrell Podracer
    ------------------------
    31. Anakin - Jedi Padawan
    32. Adi Gallia
    ------------------------

Panaka and Naboo Royal Security were next, but definitely out later than June, possibly later than July, and maybe first showed up in August IIRC.

For AOTC, it was 23 initital MM, through Luminara, Taun We...and Dooku, Yoda, Anakin HD, Zam, Clone, Mace, Jango Flame, Luke, Darth all were there by July, but that's 32.

1. Obi-Wan
    2. Anakin Outlander Disguise
    3. Padme
    4. C-3PO
    5. R2D2
    6. Super Battle Droid
    7. Kit Fisto
    8. Jango Fett
    --------------------
    9. Boba Fett
    10. Tusken Raider mother
    11. Plo Koon
    12. Shaak-Ti
    13. Capt. Typho
    14. Battle Droid
    ----------------------
    15. JarJar Binks
    16. Geonosian Warrior
    17. Dexter Jettster
    18. Sirch Fi Ek (Nikto Jedi)
    19. SaeSee Tiin
    -----------------------
    20. Taun We
    21. Luminara Undulli
    22. Chancellor's Red Guard
    21. Anakin Hanger Duel
    22. Yoda Hanger Duel
    23. Dooku
    24. Zam Wessel
    25. Clone Captain
    ----------------------

It was not until at least June that Mace, Jango Flame, Darth Vader, and Luke Bespin came out. For Collection 2, the next wave was Massif w. Geonosian, Qui-Gon, Orm Free Taa, and Endor Rebel Soldier I believe, with Palpatine and Djas Puhr quickly following. Perhaps only the Mace Wave was found in June IIFC, but even with ALL of these, that's 25 + 10 or 35 - well LESS than 47!

For ROTS WE HAVE 47 by June. That's unheard of!!!

Somebody should quote me and post that (hint). AOTC went up to 56 for the year I think - down to Yoda Council Chair repack, Ephant Mon wave, etc.

We're getting 68 THIS YEAR! (RS reports 12 more TBA by Hasbro likely at Comic Con - all ROTS)

So right now we're all just used to instant gratification. It will slow down, but I doubt the figures will be harder to get. Apparently 47 figures are selling well or else the stores wouldn't have been able to cut back their shelf space for Batman etc. if they didn't finally sell off a lot of their April 2nd stock (and its reships).

45, 46, 47 (Tarkin, Aask Aak, Meana Tillis) are all hard to get right now, but they just started shipping - I've found only 4-5 of each of them (and only during 1 trip, the rest I came up empty handed).

So in so far as how much product stores have moved and what we've got less than 30 days after the movie opened (today is Day 26), we're smoking!

What do you guys think in light of this information?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Re: ROTS newer waves not slowing down (harder to find) - more figures than ever befor

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Wow...I think I'm glad I don't collect!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Re: ROTS newer waves not slowing down (harder to find) - more figures than ever before!

I just hope that is Hasbro does release 12 more figures to the ROTS line that they have no action features, have amazing articulation or widely available and the list list includes Commander Cody with Holo Sidious and removable helmet, Commander Gree with removable helmet, a decent padme, a non action features, super articulated version of both anakin and kenobi. The rest can be anything
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Re: ROTS newer waves not slowing down (harder to find) - more figures than ever before!

It seems like it's really drying up where I live. I've found nothing but Nemoidian Warriors, and Clone Pilots at every Walmart, TRU, and Target. I don't even dare to go into KMart, just last week all I found was the Clone Pilot wave, and it looked like they had just put that out.

The worst around here is the TRU. I've looked a number of times, but never came out with anything. Most of my figures have come from Target and Walmart.
    "I have a visual" "Jedi?" "I think so." "How many? A thousand?" "No.." "Eighty?" "No sir.." "What? Fifty?" "Less.." "Forty? Come on! How many?!" "Two.." "What?!"

You're right, Tycho... but I am just a little confused/concerned because I didn't have to actually "look" for anything with the last movie, having been with KEBco. Previously, I had to be in Japan to find the last initial waves of the Episode I figures. So-- this is kinda new to me again.

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I think it's ridiculous, but that's also cause I'm buying 2 of each plus the blue and purple variants. (Don't want inconsistent coloring in a full carded set...)

I guess it is cool in some way that they did it since it's probably the last time they can ever do it on this scale even if there are midnight madnesses for TV show merchandise. It'll never be as big as the movies.

But I'm just disappointed because it seems like the high amount of figures are what lead to the crappy packaging and the purple/blue error variants as it seems they had to rush. If it would've meant better quality packaging, I would've gladly just had about 24 or so on MM and then a wave every couple months or so.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yes but the only figures that I remember having a hard time finding were Yoda and Dooku. I can't find a dozen of ROTS.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

I am glad it slowed down. They released way too many at MM and right after.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek
    Yes but the only figures that I remember having a hard time finding were Yoda and Dooku. I can't find a dozen of ROTS.
    Which ROTS figures can't you find?

Did you start collecting on April 2nd at Midnite?

If not when DID you start?

Why did you start then? (money, less crowds, you waited to see the movie first, you got interested later because of the movie, store displays, you just became a fan - or a fan of this particular SW movie?)

How do you shop for your figures? (1st in the doors in the morning, casual pass by 'whenever,' determined hunts once in a while or on determined days?)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think it was first fun having so much stuff available. Then it becmae ridiculous. There was too much out and new waves were hitting while many people hadn't even bought everything they wanted from MM.

I'm glad it's slowing down as well. Although, I wish they'd ship more clone 3-packs...

Not too much is pegwarming around here, with exception of:
    Neimoidian Warrior
    Brown Wookiee Warrior
    Red robed Palpatine
    Clone Pilot

That's not too bad out of the first 44 figures. Heck I pegged (pun intended) Mon Mothma as a pegwarmer, but that didn't happen. I think Hasbro has for the most part done a good job of distribution in my area this time around. (Again accept for the clone 3packs)
    Move along, move along