Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Did you press the stop button?" (merged)

in the scene where Anakin and Obi-Wan are in the elevator and are about to rescue Palp, and the elevator all of suden stops, a few lines of dialouge are spoken between the two jedi.

Obi: (elevator stops)did you push the button?

Anakin: no, did you?

now why the hell would Anakin respond by saying, "no, did you", if Obi-Wan asked him first. If Obi-Wan hit the button to stop the elevator then he wouldn't have asked Anakin in the first place.

edit: i actually don't hate the scene, just the dialouge, i needed to fix that.
    Last edited by darko666; 06-14-2005 at 11:41 AM.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Re: Did you push...

I think it was suprise by Anakin that the elevator stoped. Both Anners and Obers was shocked and thought for some odd reason the other day done it. Aniakin should have said 'would it help if I got out and pushed?'

Jim Jam

You know what Darko that one bugged the hell out of me also for the same reasons.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Awesome scene, I love that one. Fun and whimsical.

I thought it was funny, not annoying at all. As partners in arms during the war, I am sure they probaly pulled a few pranks on each other. It was getting and the friendship and times they shared.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I didn't find this dumb or annoying at all. How many times a day do we answer questions without thinking. Had Ani thought about what he was saying I'm sure he wouldn't have asked it, the same goes for us. How many times have you heard people say 'What?' when you've asked them something only to have them answer before you can repeat the question? They obviously heard you the first time, they were just answering without thinking about it first.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I liked it because it showed the friendship between Obi and Ani. In the middle of a serious situation they can joke around a bit. Obi's "spring the trap" and Anners "no loose wire jokes" comments were great showed they had moved beyond their Master/student relationship. Also it makes their duel all the more 'powerfull' since they were friends, brothers etc.

Jim Jam

but as to say they were being funny with each other is a way to get past the point of it being ridiculous. all of your answers are duley noted, but Anakin and Obi didn't seem to have a sly repsonse to one another. they seemed serious to me. now, if they acted that way similar to when they have the spring the trap discussion, i could agree with you guys. but Anakin seemed very clear on what Obi-Wan asked him. a better response would have been "no i didn't, r2 can you get the elevator working", or something like that.

i'm tired of discussing problems with the movies coinciding with each other, so i figured i would look for other things to complain about. and this always bugged me. it's right up there with the conversation of "who is more beutiful" between Anakin and Padme in their suite. but i'm surprised i got this many reponses.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

In that very same scene we get the AWESOME "no loose wire jokes" routine between the two of them so I guess that's why I think the Elevator Stopping Issue works within that context.

That was a great scene along with the part when they are trapped in the ray shields and Obi-Wan made a crack about R2-D2.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade