Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    really sorry, i keep forgeting to ask, ok last question, where can I buy tickets?

Check starwarscelebration.com. That's the official website.

The last I heard, it could be as early as tomorrow, Nov. 16. They were supposed to go on sale in October but the date got moved.

Price: a 3-day pass may cost $60 or so but it's worth it. A 3-day pass for Denver was $35.

Originally posted by OC47150
    It's the first weekend of May, May 3 - 5.

Allegedly, tickets will go on sale Nov. 16. My buddy and I already have hotel reservations.
    Where'd you get reservations at? For how much? Anybody live in that area? I'd like to know what chioces I have....

Is there a discount for fan club members, if so how much?

I dropped out of the fanclub when wotc took over. $60-$80 isn't bad considering its indoors, and this time I can drive instead of fly like last time, I live in chicago.

BB, I think security will be tighter like it is everywhere else in the country right now. I went to Disneyland 3 weeks ago, and security was much tighter, guards everywhere. Strict metal detectors, etc.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

At starwarscelebration.com there are a listing of area hotels that are within walking distance of the RCA Dome. I don't remember which hotel my buddy has made reservations at for us. He made them back in September. Once convention tickets are available, we're going to try and get the convention room rate.

I haven't heard how much the discount will be, or even if there will definitely be one. A discount was mentioned back in October but not mentioned sense.

Very little new information about the convention has been released in the last 1 - 2 months.

Yes, I expect security to be tight, too.

Well, you can get your tickets now it seems. I'm not currently a member of the fan club, so can someone let me know if there's a discount on tickets and what other benefits you can get?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    I'm not currently a member of the fan club
    I think it's funny how many of us fans aren't.

$75.00?!?

If I spend that much and feel I got cheated like last time (when I only spent $30), the "new, improved" Wizards of the Coast fan club is going to get a serious earfull from me!
    All your base are belong to us!

Thumbs up

I remember reading "as long as space allows" in reference to tickets sold at the door.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Originally posted by Jedi Clint
    I remember reading "as long as space allows" in reference to tickets sold at the door.
    But here's my beef with that...

Say you have a three day pass.
    2,000,000 people show up at 7:00 in the a.m. and buy tickets until the place is filled to the legal capacity. Everybody else is then turned away.

When you show up at 8:00 a.m., and the place is filled to the legal capacity, the fire marshall wont let you in, even though you paid in advance.

This is why they CANNOT (even though they will) sell tickets at the door.
    All your base are belong to us!