Who plans on attending this event?

After the experience I had at the last one, I can't believe I am going to this one. I will sum it up for you in one sentence, and elaborate upon request.

It rained the entire time I stood in huge lines for hours, but Anthony Daniels stood not three feet from me.

There are a few reasons I plan on attending the next one. And they are.......

As far as I know Dan Madsen does not run WOTC. His evil empire is no more. Judged by it's actions, WOTC seems to be dedicated to delivering to the fans and not deceiving them.

The next convention will be held INDOORS!

The local fire marshal will not permit the area to become so crowded that escape becomes a hazard. I am not saying this event will be less than jam packed, but the lines at the last event were RIDICULOUS! (Ok, I'll elaborate a bit) I still can't believe that they were still selling tickets after it was obvious that there were far too many people there. I can only imagine that they held it outdoors just to rake in the cash by avoiding the fire marshal as much as possible. Some fans came from other continents to attend that event, and they were stuck in the same lines as the rest of us. They may hesitate to attend this one regardless of the current circumstances. There was absolutely no way to see all of the presentations offered in tent A and tent B, even though they were repeated. They had 2 tents for several thousand people. They didn't even have the schedule prepared before hand. One could have at least planned ahead if the schedule were made available prior to the event.

I hope I am not mistaken about the current circumstances. I feel fairly certain I am not.

Action Figures:

If history is any indication, then they will be selling E2 action figures at the event at extremely marked up prices (good for them, bad for us). I bought a few, but I wish I had waited. From the Official store at the event, I got an Anakin ($8). From a private dealer, I got a Watto($12), an Amidala($10), and a Jabba Glob($25). I could have waited 2 days and saved a decent amount of cash. As far as I know they were only selling: Anakin, Padme, and Jar Jar at the Official store on site. I imagine because they got them in cases just like everyone else, and they realized that they should cash in on the peg warmers by tapping the initial thirst for these figures. My guess is 3 3/4 Jango will go for $25 initially, and the 12 inch Jango (if that one is in the first wave of 12 inch) will go for upwards of $75.

Patience is a virtue! Just make sure you grab Jango off the shelf first during midnight madness!