View Poll Results: Which film had the best Jedi death scene?

Voters
594. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ep 1 - The Phantom Menace

105 17.68%
  • Ep 2 - Attack of the Clones

9 1.52%
  • Ep 3 - Revenge of the Sith

290 48.82%
  • Ep 4 - A New Hope

78 13.13%
  • Ep 6 - Return of the Jedi

112 18.86%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Which Star Wars movie had the best Jedi death scene?

Astoundingly, 5 out of the 6 movies in the Star Wars saga have at least 1 Jedi dying in some manner, whether it is stabbed through the gut, decapitated by a Sith, or getting sick and dying. Most of the scenes showing Jedi going from "live" to "dead" are quite different from each other in tone and action, some are surprises, some are sacrifices, some are the inevitablity of life. So which Star Wars film best captures the death of a Jedi:

• Ep 1 - The Phantom Menace: Qui-Gon killed by Darth Maul.
    • Ep 2 - Attack of the Clones: Many Jedi killed by the troops of the Separatist army.
    • Ep 3 - Revenge of the Sith: Many Jedi killed by Republic clone troopers and Anakin Skywalker, Anakin also kills Count Dooku (a former Jedi).
    • Ep 4 - A New Hope: Obi-Wan Kenobi lets himself be killed by Darth Vader.
    • Ep 6 - Return of the Jedi: Yoda becomes ill and dies, Darth Vader (a former Jedi) dies after a battle with his son and suffering severe Sith lightning.
    You will have to decide how "best Jedi death scene" applies to your vote, whether it is "most meaningful", "coolest action", "most believable", "most noble", "most important", it's entirely up to your poit of view.

Re: Which Star Wars movie had the best Jedi death scene?

For me it is ROTS. In particular Ki-Adi-Mundi's death. WOW! I get chills every time. The snow coming down, the slow motion, the clone's boots sliding to a stop, the look on his face when he realizes the truth, the sadness as you realize what this means. It is just an awesome scene. It really hits home for me.

Nothing will ever top Darth Vader's death, whether it's emotional power, importance to the story, or how it's directed.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Vader's death In ROTJ

I remember getting that Frog In my throat - the same one I got watching Old Yeller In third grade. I remember coming home and trying to figure out if I should keep my action figure or create the scene in my backyard and burn him.
    I guess good thing I didnt or I'd be considered a troubled child.

For me it's definitely ANH with Obi-Wan sacrificing himself so Luke and the gang could get away. That's the ultimate example of a Jedi's selflessness.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VaderhitsJarjar
    Vader's death In ROTJ

I remember getting that Frog In my throat - the same one I got watching Old Yeller In third grade. I remember coming home and trying to figure out if I should keep my action figure or create the scene in my backyard and burn him.
    I guess good thing I didnt or I'd be considered a troubled child.
    LOL! Classic...

I agree. Perhaps it's my age, but I remember seeing ROTJ in the theater as a kid, and the anticipation of wanting to see the "man behind the mask", and finally seeing the mask come off was so cool...very few SW moments live up to that one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sjd9299
    For me it is ROTS. In particular Ki-Adi-Mundi's death. WOW! I get chills every time. The snow coming down, the slow motion, the clone's boots sliding to a stop, the look on his face when he realizes the truth, the sadness as you realize what this means. It is just an awesome scene. It really hits home for me.
    I have to agree completely. What sells it for me is the look on Ki's face when he turns around and see's the clones aiming their rifles at him. Incredibly powerful scene. I actually feel pain for him.
    "I have you now."

I'd have to say the Qui Gon Scene for me is the best. Just the sheer hatred of Maul as he uses the hilt of his lightsaber to smack Qui Gon in the face and then spin to stab straight through his body. Then without even caring turns to Obi Wan as if to say "Bring It Your next."
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hands down, the coolest death is Tyranus getting his hands and head cut off in ROTS. It beats the heck out of Darth Maul. You think he was sinister?
    Anakin was BAAAAAD!

I'd have to go with the Clones turning on the Jedi as the most heart wrenching. The death of Vader is right up there too. I'm still bugged that Lucas never showed us Luke telling Leia that "there was still good in him" and relaying the story. I would have loved to have seen her reaction.
    Mace
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com