View Poll Results: Which film had the best Jedi death scene?

Voters
594. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ep 1 - The Phantom Menace

105 17.68%
  • Ep 2 - Attack of the Clones

9 1.52%
  • Ep 3 - Revenge of the Sith

290 48.82%
  • Ep 4 - A New Hope

78 13.13%
  • Ep 6 - Return of the Jedi

112 18.86%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Which Star Wars movie had the best Jedi death scene?

Kev, read a post by Tycho and you will not be apologizing anymore for length of posts... .

You know I love ya Tycho.....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I can't vote! There are too many incredible, heart-wrenching death scenes.

My first instinct was to pick:

ANH - Obi-Wan Kenobi's sacrafice for Luke

ROTS - Yeah, Ki-Adi Mundi makes me cry - as does Aayla - but Mace's death was horrific! What an impact that was: "Death by Palpatine!"

TPM - was an impact for sure. It would have been moreso if I'd not read spoilers, but still, logic had to tell you it would be Anakin with Obi-Wan, so Qui-Gon was a goner. Still, I really liked Qui-Gon's character in TPM and his death's impact is felt -even movies later.

ROTJ - the funeral pyre scene brings it home. You still have hope he's going to live when the mask comes off and he manages to weakly smile at Luke. You feel more for Luke of course. His loss is felt. To me, it seemed Vader had it coming...

AOTC - Coleman Trebor - yeah, that Jango guy's really mean! All the Jedi dying makes you mad at Dooku.

BTW - I'd put Dooku under a Sith Lord's death scene poll:

Maul - Split in half
    Dooku - decapitated, handless
    Vader - one hand less, struck by his master's Sith lightning
    Palpatine - thrown down a reactor shaft and exploded

I have to say I'd Vader's death gets the heart going - but I love seeing Palpatine get what he deserved! Dooku had it coming, too. And so did Maul.

Still, Palpatine getting it is the climax of the whole saga - so....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I would say the most gut-wrenching were the series of Jedis' deaths in ROTS. The impact they have is one of complete sadness even though we all knew it was eventually going to happen. Just to see the once powerful Jedi defenseless is a sobering moment. The eyes of Ki-Adi-Mundi once he saw what was going on explains it all.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Agreed. I think the most unique part of the Qui Gon death scene in TPM is the fact that you get to see Obi Wan come very close to the dark side of the force. His master is executed right in front of him. You see the look of anger on Obi Wans face. You know that fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering. Well Obi Wan is just a minute away from making Maul Suffer!

Well, I gotta add this...
    Someone we forgot. Plo Koon's death. Here's this mysterious Jedi Master, probably #4 overall after Yoda, Mace and Ki-Adi, and he doesn't have the facial expressions everyone else does, but there's something you can feel from seeing him in his starfighter going down. A sense of urgency. It wasn't one of the best, but no one's mentioned it yet. Aayla was tough too, but only because it's always tough seeing a hot chick get offed in any movie.

Kit Fisto went too quick, in a flash of blurriness, as did Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar. For three guys sitting on the Jedi Council you'd think they would have put up more of a fight. GL could have done masterful work by expanding that scene just another minute or two. Maybe like Dooku Palpatine could have put Mace down for the count for a minute with a little force-throw; then maybe force push Fisto out the door and force close it and dispense with Tiin and Kolar in a brief but more meaningful exchange. Then Fisto would get back in and be met by the lightning of a waiting Palpatine, disabling him for a moment so Palps could slash through him. Then on to Mace. A minute, tops, for all that.
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

For me it depends on your definition of best? Is it the best quality of action and story? Or just the most powerful in meaning? I think the best action sequence by far is the one in TPM when Qui-Gon dies. Great action and it is very powerful. But I still think the best overall is In ANH when Obi-Wan dies. I was 6 years old when that happened and I remember it like it was yesterday. I saw the movie at a drive in theatre in Burbank, CA. Star Wars under the stars!!!! Any wonder why this kid was hooked. The action wasn't all that great but boy was that powerful. Especially when we heard him speak even after he was gone. I agree especially after ROTS Obi-Wan definately has to rank up there as one of the most powerful Jedi's ever.

I was very disppointed with the Jedi death scenes in AOTC and ROTS. I wonder if George thought it would be hard for us to see that many die. The scenes were very short for the most part. I'm very troubled that Jedi Masters could be killed so quickly by Palpatine. They had to have been ready for action, they were going there to confront him. That scene alone should have been much longer!!!! Then when you talk about the rest of the Jedi's being killed by Clones.........come on. Vader was the one that was to have hunted down and killed the Jedi's.

That's my 2 cents