View Poll Results: From which Prequel did you buy the most collectibles?

Voters
474. You may not vote on this poll
  • Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

219 46.20%
  • Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)

57 12.03%
  • Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)

198 41.77%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Of all the prequels, from which did you buy the most collectibles?

In the past 6 years, we've had an onslaught of collectibles from all 3 prequel movies, not just toys but also model kits, underwear, statues, even window blinds, the Star Wars prequels have been nearly everywhere and ranging from the cheapest throw-away kids meal toy to unbelievably expensive and rare display pieces.

In 1999 with Episode I - The Phantom Menace we had what some consider to be the very definition of collectible overkill, you couldn't turn around without seeing Star Wars. There was even a massive tie-in with not 1 but 3 national fast food chains.

By 2002, Lucas had toned down the merchandising onslaught with Episode II - Attack of the Clones, and while there was still plenty to be had, some collectors voiced their displeasure in the film's lower collectible volume.

Here in 2005 with the release of Episode III - Revenge of the Sith comes another big wave of collectibles like that from Ep 1, for months now Star Wars has shown its face on all manner of items, and to some it feels like in its short time so far the movie's collectibility has actually been bigger than either previous prequel.

So from which prequel did you buy the most collectibles?

Re: Of all the prequels, from which did you buy the most collectibles?

EPS I. Just by coincidence this is the case because, I simply stopped collecting before EPS 2 came out.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Without a doubt I've spent the most on Ep 3 toys. Mostly due to the abundance of army builders in the basic figure assortment.

I was pretty selective with my Ep 1 and Ep 2 purchases. Overall I wasn't very impressed with the vehicles in the Ep 1 line and with Ep 2 it was the pre-posed/gimmicky figures in the basic line that turned me off.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I worked at TRU at the time EP 1 came out so i picked up one of everything at discount. Even got to take the props home since i put them together. Great deal... but ep 2 all i got was one of the Wall Scroll hangings since i quit 5 months prior.
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...

I was a bit disappointed in EPI so I didn't buy a whole lot of items, outside the figures, and the same can be said with Episode II, but I liked it enough to pick up a few more goodies, but even before seeing EPIII, I bought and bought, and continue to buy stuff. Final Answer: EPIII.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I have a pretty steady collection of figures from all three movies, not sure what I have more of.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade

I would guess Phantom Menace because I think they had more product available.

Hmm...Episode 1 is my guess. I was still heavy into collecting one of every figure, so that really sends the tally above the other two films. Oh yeah, and those Pepsi product cans. Went through cases of that stuff to get a complete set. I even have a Darth Maul pencil case.

Yeah, Episode 1.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Episode 2 right now. I am sure once the same time has elapsed it will be Ep. 3. Not nearly enough time has gone by for E3 to be tops yet.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I've bought next to nothing for ROTS, so that one is easy to strike out. Thinking just in terms of Hasbro stuff (which is the bulk any way) I bought all of the Ep1 lines items I wanted. Plus all but one of the POTJ items I wanted, plus couple of Saga items that were TPM based. All AOTC items I would have gotten were Saga and I gave that up in '03. So with that info, my best guess is TPM wins.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane