Astoundingly, 5 out of the 6 movies in the Star Wars saga have at least 1 Jedi dying in some manner, whether it is stabbed through the gut, decapitated by a Sith, or getting sick and dying. Most of the scenes showing Jedi going from "live" to "dead" are quite different from each other in tone and action, some are surprises, some are sacrifices, some are the inevitablity of life. So which Star Wars film best captures the death of a Jedi:
You will have to decide how "best Jedi death scene" applies to your vote, whether it is "most meaningful", "coolest action", "most believable", "most noble", "most important", it's entirely up to your poit of view.
- Ep 1 - The Phantom Menace: Qui-Gon killed by Darth Maul.
- Ep 2 - Attack of the Clones: Many Jedi killed by the troops of the Separatist army.
- Ep 3 - Revenge of the Sith: Many Jedi killed by Republic clone troopers and Anakin Skywalker, Anakin also kills Count Dooku (a former Jedi).
- Ep 4 - A New Hope: Obi-Wan Kenobi lets himself be killed by Darth Vader.
- Ep 6 - Return of the Jedi: Yoda becomes ill and dies, Darth Vader (a former Jedi) dies after a battle with his son and suffering severe Sith lightning.