Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How thick is a lightsaber blade?

__________________________________________________ _

Re: How thick is a lightsaber blade?

how about how long??????
    [font=Fixedsys][/font]

Well according to SW.com the blade is about a meter long, although its shorter for Yoda. As for thickness.... I would say at its base its the width at were it comes out of the handle and seems to works its way down to a point. Perhaps a few inches at the base?

Jim Jam

|_______________|

^
    That wide.

(disclaimer: width of lightsaber blade may vary according to screen settings. )

I'd have to say about the circumferance of a broom handle, maybe a little bit bigger.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I imagine the core of the blade to be a little thinner than a pencil, the glow it gives off is about 2 inches.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

In the films it varies, I'd say around 3.5 to 4cm.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

well we got the thicknes, but what determines the lenght????
    [font=Fixedsys][/font]

There is no uniform length, Vader's saber is longer than most, Yoda's is shorter, by looking at that fact in a vacuum, it would suggest saber length is determined by the user's height which I believe is consistant with real-world sword choices.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: what about buttons?

Hope you don't mind me utilising this thread for a lightsabre (or "laser sword" as they seem to be called by Lucasfilm employees these days) question rather than starting a new one;

I was under the impression that the lightsabre button was a swtich on/off affair until my colleague said the other day, it must be loaded button because why would the lightsabre automatically switch off when knocked out of an opponent's hand? And this is true for the films apart from one instance I can think of; when vader throws his lighsabre in ESB, it remains ignited to cut the gantry jib and send Luke flying.

A thought? Hmm? Anyone?

jeddah
    eVerlasTing