Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

George Lucas AFI Tribute to Air Next Monday

Just in case you didn't see the news post I made a few days ago:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news?m=show&id=31543

I plan on watching it, hopefully it's not too heavy on the movie clips though, I've seen pretty much all his work already and really would rather hear from - and about his impact on - his peers.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: George Lucas AFI Tribute to Air Next Monday

I'm looking forward to that.

I heard George even made a few jokes about himself, something about being the king of wooden dialogue ?

The biggest drag? I got an invite but couldn't make it. There's a write up about it on Aintitcoolnews for anyone interested.

stillakid, I'm surprised you haven't been blacklisted from any LFL related events.

Sorry you couldn't make it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    The biggest drag? I got an invite but couldn't make it. There's a write up about it on Aintitcoolnews for anyone interested.
    When are you gonna tell us who/what you are?

I'll watch this, I mean it's at least a little bit about SW, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I am the dark... I am the night... I am ... whoops, there's the phone...be right back....

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Oh man! You should have made the time, no matter what! (stupid "real world priorities" screw everything up) AFI is right down the street from me too, and they hosted this thing at the Kodak theater which isn't far from that, so by virtue of living in the area and being a SW fan I should have gotten an invite! Perhaps if I hadn't let my Insider subscription lapse...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    It's Howard the Duck, isn't it?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Oh man! You should have made the time, no matter what! (stupid "real world priorities" screw everything up) AFI is right down the street from me too, and they hosted this thing at the Kodak theater which isn't far from that, so by virtue of living in the area and being a SW fan I should have gotten an invite! Perhaps if I hadn't let my Insider subscription lapse...
    Yeah. I think the invite was for like 6 or 7pm-ish. I had to work all day or something. Can't remember now.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    It's Howard the Duck, isn't it?
    Quack.

I read the show will be pretty good. They will recreate a scene from A New Hope with all the old characters, I may shed a tear... For those that don't know about what scene it is, you'll have to tune in to find out...
    [b][i][color=blue]Obi-Wan-Kenobi: "Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of [/color][/i][/b][b][i][color=blue]scum and villainy. We must be cautious."[/color][/i][/b]

Red face Re: George Lucas AFI Tribute to Air Next Monday

Note to all Hollywooders- lay off the collagen. That means you Princess Leia. The poor woman could barely enunciate correctly.

In the meantime, someone give Peter Jackson a sammich!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car