Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PAC MAN turns 25

WHEEEEEE PAC MAN is 25!!!!!
    Gotta wonder how many folks ever actually beat PAC MAN.... I know at least ONE dude did a couple of years back but how many people wordwide can say "I beat PACMAN"
    THAT would be sweet

As it was, PACMAN was truly an awesome game and in some ways this very section of SSG may not exist without him, so he deserves our respect. I sort of can't actually believe it's been that long....

But anyways, post any PACMAN related reminiscences or whatever here- I have to try and recall but I know I have a couple good ones
    Last edited by mabudonicus; 06-15-2005 at 06:43 PM.
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Re: PAC MAN turns 25

Technically you can't beat Pac-Man Mabudon as it dosen't have an ending. You'll have to settle for a perfect score of 3333360, which to date, has only been achieved by one Billy Mitchell.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Didn't he basically play it until the computers memory crashed? I read an article about him a while ago that gave the details of his triumph. Due to the slow decay of the memory he ended up playing the last few levels from memory as the screen wasn't readible.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Tonight I dine on flashing ghosts in his honor.

hmmm... I knew that was the guy and that he played a perfect game- I was under the impression that the game crashed at the end so what you said (ExP) sounds about right- hell I can't beat "the tube" with both my eyes open I can't imagine playing "Blind"
    And good one Caesar- make sure they just started flashing, though, wouldn't want you to deflate and lose a man

No worries, I'm a fast eater.

I always hated Atari Pac-Man
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Heck yeah, Atari should have sued themselves for that game- can't remember but someonw brought that up in the "most disappointing" thread and it certainly deserves a spot (or is that a "dot" ) on the all time top 5 most craptacular games in history

you didn't even have to look at the thing, the awful sound alone was more than enough evidence of a true stinker

Namco should have sued Atari, but I think they were just happy to see console money. Fools. Or maybe they insisted it be terrible so Pac-Maniacs would leave their homes after buying the game and find it lacking to dump quarters into the machines.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    Heck yeah, Atari should have sued themselves for that game- can't remember but someonw brought that up in the "most disappointing" thread and it certainly deserves a spot (or is that a "dot" ) on the all time top 5 most craptacular games in history

you didn't even have to look at the thing, the awful sound alone was more than enough evidence of a true stinker

LMAO, that game sucked a monkeys nipple. I played it over and over. I think ,y favorite sound effect was eationg what was supposed to be the fruit/pretzel combo. Just a long booooooooop
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten