Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Theme Song for Dukes of Hazzard?

Okay, I've been trying to find out who's doing the theme song, and I can't find it. My friend couldn't remember but described it as some kind of Simple Plan-like band. I'm probably too much a fan of the Waylon Jennings version to accept anyone else singing it, though. Of course, they're salving that wound with Willie Nelson as Uncle Jessie.

So my question: Who is doing the theme song for the movie?

Re: Theme Song for Dukes of Hazzard?

Why not just get Shooter Jennings to do it ?

Someone told me its Willie Nelson. Heard it through the grapevine.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Someone told me its Willie Nelson. Heard it through the grapevine.
    I hope not, Willie is going to be Uncle Jesse so I don't know if they would have him double up like that. My thought is whoever plays Waylon's character will do the theme song... rumor was that Johhny Cash was going to be that person. All that I do know is Rip Taylor is listed in the credits so it has to be a GREAT movie!!! I'll be sad if I don't see any confeti in that movie!

I hope "them Duke boys" don't hop in The Lee only to have confetti blow out of the exhaust pipe when they try to start her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I hope "them Duke boys" don't hop in The Lee only to have confetti blow out of the exhaust pipe when they try to start her up.
    My now-not-so-secret secret hope? There is some zany situation and he comes walking out throwing confetti by the handfull! Cracks me up everytime.

I saw the trailer for Dukes last night and the movie looks great! The theme song could be heard and it was Waylon's version. For my money I say James Hetfield of Metallica should due the theme, he did a great job covering "Don't you think this outlaw bit has done got out of hand" a few years ago for a Waylon tribute album. In that version he did everything sing, guitar, bass and drums and did a awesome job! The last few seconds of the song he repeats "Just a good ol' boy, never meaning no harm." several times and it sound great. My vote is for Papa Het!

Hettfield shouldnt cover himself with blankets at night, he sucks.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Hettfield shouldnt cover himself with blankets at night, he sucks.
    Ohh kid kid kiddddd .

To each their own I say....