Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting!

http://www.suntimes.com/output/enter...r-jimmy27.html

Jimmy has rejoined the band. Let's see if Iha and D'arcy join. Frankly I'd prefer Mel over D'arcy as she's far better and much hotter.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Re: Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting!

Still not quite sure to celebrate or just wait and see if this is going to happen.I enjoy the Pumpkins,but I do see this more as "Lets make a record while the fans still want us" type of deal.

Hopefully,if the reunion does go well,hopefully some Mellon Collie-esq greatness will be cranked out
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Official album info from Billy:

The Smashing Pumpkins
    6th album
    'Zeitgeist'

They are also headlining some festivals overseas. No US dates, yet. Still no word on who is picking up the bass or extra guitar (s). Kinda excited about this, being the Pumpkinshead i am.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

i'm nearly tempted to start a "Quick Question: Zwan" thread

can we really consider it the pumpkins if it's only Corgan and Chamberlin?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i'm nearly tempted to start a "Quick Question: Zwan" thread

can we really consider it the pumpkins if it's only Corgan and Chamberlin?
    That's kind of what I was thinking. They were both in Zwan, so if the new album is the The Smashing Pumpkins, so was the Zwan album. The only difference would be playing Pumpkins tunes on tour. If the album is as good as Zwan, then I'll be happy. I liked most of that album. Something along the lines of Siamese Dream would be a real treat though.

To show how old I must be getting, I really had thought I'd already bought Zeitgeist, but hadn't. So I did purchase it, and it was... pretty much the same song over and over again. Not disappointed, since any new Pumpkins stuff will be good for a while since there hasn't been any, but I was a tad baffled. Need to let it run through my ears and brain a little more, I guess.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    To show how old I must be getting, I really had thought I'd already bought Zeitgeist, but hadn't. So I did purchase it, and it was... pretty much the same song over and over again. Not disappointed, since any new Pumpkins stuff will be good for a while since there hasn't been any, but I was a tad baffled. Need to let it run through my ears and brain a little more, I guess.
    I think it's a pretty solid album, not their best, but definitely enjoyable. My favorite track is easily "United States."

I saw them live last October and they still put on a stellar live show. They played one of my favorite tracks, "Set the Ray to Jerry" and it was amazing. I'm pretty interested to see what they do next.