Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting!

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,...,00.html?tnews

The details are pretty vague as of now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we could see another Mellon Collie type album again.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Re: Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting!

Wow, that's pretty wild, after their nasty split I never expected anything like this to even be on his mind. Now we just need to keep 'em away from Sharon Osbourne.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmmm I'm guessing Billy owns the rights to the name "Smashing Pumpkins" so this could be along the lines of the Gun's n Roses or Megadeth get togethers.

I just read an interview with him and he said he seriously doubted they would ever get back together. Weird.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    Hmmm I'm guessing Billy owns the rights to the name "Smashing Pumpkins" so this could be along the lines of the Gun's n Roses or Megadeth get togethers.
    No way in hizzy. Billy wants the original crew back together, i can tell. I'm a HUGE SP fan, a large Zwan fan and am currently listening to Billy's solo disc and scratching my SP tattoo on my back. I think he'd be wise to get the old crew back. Jimmy Chamberlain is top notch on the drums (i think Time magazine said, he's "thunder wrapped in skin"), Iha and Corgan mesh well, although if Iha didn't want to do it, i think Corgan could get somebody else. Since D'arcy is a crack addict, Billy could just get Melissa Auf Der Mer who did the Machina album and final tour. booya!!

I'm so giddy about this news, but really curious to see if it'll actually happen.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

That's the worst news I've heard all year.

i don't believe it will happen. methinks it's just a way to drum up interest in his solo record.

Sounds like he got tired of nobody buying his albums anymore.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I love the Smashing Pumpkins. If this news is true I look forward to seeing them.
    [color=red][b]"Your destiny lyes with me Skywalker. Obi-Wan knew this to be true."[/b][/color]
    [color=blue][b]"No!"[/b][/color]

It must just be to tour..... I thought Billy Corgan was more of a Prince type when it came to recording the albums, by that I mean playing all the instruments (besides the drums) by himself?

And wasn't Chamberlin heavy into the heroin? I thought he nearly died or something and was done with show biz?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008