Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queenies

Lightbulb Amidala Collection...

I always thought it would be cool if they came out with an Amidala Collection of two-packs. Each one would come with a super-detailed, all-plastic Amidala (no soft goods) and a handmaiden. The handmaiden could all be the same figure for all I care, since you hardly see their faces at all. At least they are finally starting to make more Amidalas. The costumes and hair were amazing, and I'll buy any more they choose to do. I think the celebration dress looks kind of goofy, though. Anyway, maybe they'll do something like this for Episode II.

Question Hmm......

I don't know how they can make her sit......That is what the Hasbro designers are paid to do, right? Let them figure it out! I don't want soft goods or unileg though...Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I think it is a really cool figure, but I still want the Queen in white with the globe of peace.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Re: Hmm......

Originally posted by PloKoon2385
    I don't know how they can make her sit......That is what the Hasbro designers are paid to do, right? Let them figure it out! I don't want soft goods or unileg though...Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    And this is the problem, while we'd like them to be able to sit, most collectors don't want the only approaches make this work. Hasbro designers are limited in what they can do by the materials, if you don't like cloth, and you don't like uni-leg, how are you going to get that giant plastic dress to sit down? I don't think there's a way, and I don't think the Hasbro designers can think of one either.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmm. Uni-leg. Sounds like some kind of bizarre artificial prosthesis.

Anyway, it'll never happen. They will make the dresses from the movie look as close as possible and to do that Hasbro has to do it in plastic. ERGO, no sitting Amidala.

I don't have much of a problem with the standing only versions.

Personally I'm just glad they've produced so many of the different costumes so far. The first Coruscant Amidala was a MAJOR pegwarmer here in Texas (of course what EP1 figure wasn't
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

They could make a Deluxe Amidala figure set with chair/throne and 2 detachable waists - one for standing and one for sitting.

This could solve the "uni-leg" problem and still keep the poseability of the standing version.

If they released alternate Amidalas sculpted in sitting poses (like the Final Jedi Duel Emperor) along with throne/chair mini-playsets I don't think anyone would complain. She only actually sat down in four of the outfits (Theed throne room, Royal starship-one outfit going to Coruscant, one outfit coming back, and the Senator's Chambers).

I don't know, just an idea.

For those who doubt the ability of Hasbro to do the subtle beauty of Amidala's costumes justice with soft good, you need only look to the POTJ Lando (more specifically his cape) to see what they are truly capable of producing. Though I see little need for a quantity of seated Amidala's, I believe a Theed Trone Room version (as a Deluxe figure) with the throne (complete with a slide back panel and two pistols) and perhaps the circular view screen thrown in for good measure would be an absolute must-have for most of us. For now I am just glad that Hasbro has begun to recognize that, though Star Wars is essetially a "Boys Toy" line, we still want the female characters. And there are those of us who want pretty much everyone. I don't have to have absolutely every pilot in the Cantina, every droid in the background, or every conceivable rank or speciality of Rebel soldier (they were, to a man or woman, soldiers all), but I must admit a fondness for the obscure. I was thrilled when Bo Shek was showing up on some lists and hope that he will come out in the future. Plus I make a plea again for more Jabba's Palace, Mos Eisley, and Mos Espa denizens! Answer our call, o Habro!

Lightbulb I GOT IT!

Well, they could make it so the plastic dress is removable and have her come with a cloth accessory dress. She would of course have articulated legs as well.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower